Any Northeast Tennessee Team wanna come play?

Guest GateCityDevil

Guest GateCityDevil

The Gate City Blue Devils are rolling on again in South West Virginia.. Just collected another region championship. Standing 12-0 and in the semi-finals of the state.. The big rumor over this way is a game with Cloudland is in the works.. Has anyone else heard that? If so what do you think about that match-up? I have seen Cloudland play and they are fast but very small compaird to what we have in the mountains over this way. I would so like to see what the best Class A team in Virginia could do against the best class in Tennessee.. I would think things would be no different.. Go BIG BLUE.. That's BLUE Devils!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GateCityDevil

Scared no.. But they will not talk to us about playing... Ok I admit that a game with D-B would not be a very good match-up.. But give me a break.. that's a 5 A team.. I'm talking about your class single A We Used to come over and kick North's butt all the time but now they want no part of us. I agree I HATE the way the VHSL has the state playoffs set up.. But nothing we can do about it.. Wouldn't matter anyways..

Have you even seen a Gate City team? I feel it safe to bet you would be very surprised.... Very big boys and very fast Avarge 46+ points a game and give up only 5 on avarge.. I say this Gate City team would beat Cloudland 38-16

Guest GateCityDevil

Enrollment is 465 for Gate City this year.. Cloudland only has 200? That is small.. would be a Class A Div. 1 team this way... Oh and not really recruiting the boys but the ones that are better players and on the line do come over to Gate City so they can be on a GOOD team.. couldn't blame them could you... It's a boys choice to make just like if he was recruited...

Guest GateCityDevil

Yeah that wouldn't be much to grade how the two would match up... I don't doubt for one second that Cloudland would fight like heck and leave everything out on the field. That's what a true champion does.. Your right they might be a little bigger then I think but not across the board like we are. We have nice size and speed at ever position.. That Byrd kid is something special and he would be a huge factor. but I think we could keep him inside and that would ware him down. Man I sure would LOVE to see this game.. Oh and Nope they don't have to move.. Most of the kids live very close to the line that they can go to either school.. Now if a kid who lives to far away comes to ANY school then YES they have to live within a certin distance from that given school. and thats were family comes in... might have a granny over here in Gate City hehe...

Guest GateCityDevil

Appy will have a down year next season so that will not be as good a macth up as it would have this year.. That Mabe kid can flat out play.. I am almost 100% sure they won again today to claim the Div. 1 region championship.. As for JJ Kelly that one will be interesting.. They should have a better team next year so that would be worth seeing. I think cloudland can handle them if they (Cloudland) is supposed to be as good next year too..

Guest GateCityDevil

I will give you a BIG THUMBS UP on that one... Your so right..

Best of LUCK to Cloudland next week and in the finals.. Yep thats right I think they can and will beat Boyd... And of course I was want to add a GO BIG BLUE on Dec.7th as they go up the road to George Wyth for the semi's... Lets show everyone that we play some serious football down here in the South west..

SUPER nice site here Coach T.. I wish we had one like this for virginia.. I would like to know how you have done this and what it would take to start on for us.. :)

Nice win today over Honaker. I drove up and watched some of the game during my lunch. Gotta love good high school football. I am makeing plans now to join you guys up the road in a couple weeks if I can't make it to the Tennessee state championships that same weekend. I have a very good friend who is a Gate City grad and he never misses a game. I have been to four and I am always impressed at the turn out of fans and how they conduct themselves at the games. A true class act.