Any Northeast Tennessee Team wanna come play?

Guest GateCityDevil

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would only like to add a little on to what redcloud has said. Gate City is the ideal football school. There are not many places quite like Legion Field on a Friday night in the Fall. The whole town of Gate City closes down and nearly every resident can be found at the game. I go to DB and i have never seen our student section halfway compare with GC. Most of my family still lives in GC and we make sure to keep up with Coach Colobro every week. A game with Cloudland would be great, but i honestly dont know the odds of that happening.

Thanks. The hard part would be finding a guy like me, with no life outside work and family, to run a site in Virginia.

Seriously, there has been some sporadic talk about expanding to other states but it would take a major sponsor in order to do so and, kinda like I said jokingly above, someone to run it. But, who knows.

Posted by GateCityDevil:

I will give you a BIG THUMBS UP on that one... Your so right..

Best of LUCK to Cloudland next week and in the finals.. Yep thats right I think they can and will beat Boyd... And of course I was want to add a GO BIG BLUE on Dec.7th as they go up the road to George Wyth for the semi's... Lets show everyone that we play some serious football down here in the South west..

SUPER nice site here Coach T.. I wish we had one like this for virginia.. I would like to know how you have done this and what it would take to start on for us.. :D

Guest MeanMachine

I have heard on many occasions that Gate City has kids on their team who have played for the team for as many as 12 years, the most common explaination is they play for four years, don't go anywhere, so they play for four more years under another name, ussually a relative of some sort, thats how they get those huge linemen, they're 23. maybe this doesn't still go on but i've heard it too many times to believe it never happened.