West Creek @ Henry County

Gbrpats

Idk about 110-0, but I’m definitely hoping to see an angry HC team come out on Friday night with something to prove heading into the bye! 

One thing I picked up from the Germantown game is that HC has got to learn how to play smarter. Way too many mental errors Friday night. The roughing the punter penalty late in the game was just plain dumb, no other word to describe it. Then there are the several holds and block in the back penalties 10+ yards downfield that negate otherwise good plays. Those are beyond frustrating, as not everything needs to be a home run. Then there are simple things like checking down. We have got to find something in the passing game besides #16. He is a great player, but G-town absolutely keyed in on him. They were NOT going to let him beat them, and we really had no answer. That is worrisome. 

Thankfully this stuff was exposed in week 7 and not week 13 or 14. Hopefully we’ve learned from it. 

Edited by MSURacer

Great observation. Good teams take away the opposing team's strengths. Our region, unfortunately, doesn't have many good teams, so you get lulled into believing that nobody can stop what you do best. Plus, our earlier non-region opponents were not as good as advertised (both struggling to have .500 records). So, with that being said, I'm glad that HC didn't take the easy way out by scheduling a powder puff for this non-region game. Like you mentioned, the coaches will be forced to find some other "go to" guys and not strictly rely on #16. It's not like he's the only athlete we've got, that's for sure. 

Have no fear...your YANKER is here!!!!!!!  With such little interest in this game, your YANKER will waste no time!!!!  The score you have been waiting for is as follows.....HC 66 - WC 7  !!!  I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!  I AM THE YANKER OF ALL YANKERS!!!!!!!  I AM THE WORLD FAMOUS AND WORLD IDOLIZED YANKER!!!!!!!   SIMPLY PUT....I AM THE YANKER!

10 hours ago, Gbrpats said:

HC wins 56 - 19. 1st team defense didn't allow any points. 

And a great bounce back game for Parrish with 4 TDs in the first half. Also did a great job of spreading the ball around. 

And even though they gave up 3 scores, the 2nd teamers got a lot of good work in during the 2nd half. The 2nd team offense, particularly the running game, looked good considering they were going against West Creek’s starters. This is the kinda game that builds depth. Good win heading into the bye.