CPA v Independence

Rastus

CPA wore down Independence in a game of talented offenses, bad defenses and worse officiating. Neither team broke 70 although it looked like either could. How in the heck Notre Dame did not honor the scholarship offer to Sheffield benefits Purdue big time.  Sheffield and Collier were flying all over the field and if Cash had played like he did v Brentwood last week then might have been a different winner. CPA big guys and backs were good for 10 yards a carry most of the night. I think the CPA 7th grade team (best on campus) could have scored against Indy. Ref crew were prima donnas across the board and made the game last forever. Apparently CPA holds every play and Independence chops every play according to the line judge who did truly throw more than 20 flags by himself.

12 seconds for first score by Sheffield on 87 yd KO return, then it took late into the 2nd before the refs and Indy got a non-scoring stop.  CPA did not dominate block at any time, just screened and watched West, Madden and Patterson get 10-15 on simple zone reads. Elledge was off but McCormick and Henderson were on.

Kane Patterson still looks hurt and how he had an Ohio State and now Clemson offer is hard to believe. Classic CPA methodical and Indy quick strike flash all night. Turnovers were not many but were the difference in the end because neither D could stop the other to save their life.

Lots of individual talent on the field and Indy should be an offensive power next year with Collier and Cash. Hard to explain how the best on the field was the CPA OL when they got at least 10 accepted holding calls. They still dominated and had Indy with hands on hips from the late 3rd Q on.  

On 10/5/2018 at 10:24 PM, Rastus said:

CPA wore down Independence in a game of talented offenses, bad defenses and worse officiating. Neither team broke 70 although it looked like either could. How in the heck Notre Dame did not honor the scholarship offer to Sheffield benefits Purdue big time.  Sheffield and Collier were flying all over the field and if Cash had played like he did v Brentwood last week then might have been a different winner. CPA big guys and backs were good for 10 yards a carry most of the night. I think the CPA 7th grade team (best on campus) could have scored against Indy. Ref crew were prima donnas across the board and made the game last forever. Apparently CPA holds every play and Independence chops every play according to the line judge who did truly throw more than 20 flags by himself.

12 seconds for first score by Sheffield on 87 yd KO return, then it took late into the 2nd before the refs and Indy got a non-scoring stop.  CPA did not dominate block at any time, just screened and watched West, Madden and Patterson get 10-15 on simple zone reads. Elledge was off but McCormick and Henderson were on.

Kane Patterson still looks hurt and how he had an Ohio State and now Clemson offer is hard to believe. Classic CPA methodical and Indy quick strike flash all night. Turnovers were not many but were the difference in the end because neither D could stop the other to save their life.

Lots of individual talent on the field and Indy should be an offensive power next year with Collier and Cash. Hard to explain how the best on the field was the CPA OL when they got at least 10 accepted holding calls. They still dominated and had Indy with hands on hips from the late 3rd Q on.  

The CPA defense gave up 28 points to Cash, Sheffield, and Collier.  It would have been said that Cash played like he did against Brentwood had the CPA defense not intercepted 3 of his passes. I would call that defense. Those guys are special and I’d hate to face them in the playoffs.  The game against Ravenwood should be a good litmus test as to how far they might go in their classification.  Collier is listed as a senior BTW, and it was also he that returned the opening kickoff, not Sheffield who scored on their first play on offense. CPA answered right back each time showing the maturity and experience they possess. 

The CPA OL radiated swagger and confidence while opening huge holes for their 4-headed running attack. It’s fun to watch each along with the receivers after a catch because they do not shy away from contact. The blend of old school style and new is spot on for my taste.

Saying CPA #6 was off is the best compliment I believe you could bestow.  He passed for 231 yards and 3 TDs, trucked a defender while running for a TD, had great rhythm and tempo as he lead his offense up and down the field all night long. He did throw one interception, his second of the entire year... Oh, he also had a 50 yard punt... On a night where the offense also rushed for 317 yards.

I’m not sure how to even address the CPA #4 comments.  I guess I’m hoping you’re some kind of incognito scout for Lausanne...

All in all, it was a fun game to watch and will help each team to prepare for the rest of the season.