Fairview at Ravenwood aka Wilco David & Goliath

Swarm

Fairview's loading the buses up and heading to Brentwood to take on the Raptors this Friday at their house. 

Raptors are coming off a tough loss to South Warren, Ky where they were shut out for the first time in 6 years (21-0) I suspect as Roy Dillard would say, "they're going to be real mad". 

Fairview is coming off another snoozer against Harpeth where they led 49-0 at the half and the freshman team won the 2nd half 7-0. 

I've got high hopes that the Jackets will be competitive in this game. If they want to make it through region 5 3a this postseason (against the likes of Pearl Cohn/East Nashville) they HAVE to be IMO. 

2 hours ago, Swarm said:

Fairview's loading the buses up and heading to Brentwood to take on the Raptors this Friday at their house. 

Raptors are coming off a tough loss to South Warren, Ky where they were shut out for the first time in 6 years (21-0) I suspect as Roy Dillard would say, "they're going to be real mad". 

Fairview is coming off another snoozer against Harpeth where they led 49-0 at the half and the freshman team won the 2nd half 7-0. 

I've got high hopes that the Jackets will be competitive in this game. If they want to make it through region 5 3a this postseason (against the likes of Pearl Cohn/East Nashville) they HAVE to be IMO. 

Will be a great test to see where there at.  I'd say Pearl Cohn is comparable to this Rapter team.

4 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Will be a great test to see where there at.  I'd say Pearl Cohn is comparable to this Rapter team.

Ravenwood is a very good Class 6A football program and their coaching staff does a great job.  They've went to several state championship games and won a couple in a short period of time.  It's a hotbed of talent in a County that's filled with it's share of players.  

It will be a monumental challenge on Friday night and I hope the Yellow Jackets are able to come away with a victory but more importantly come away healthy with November right around the corner.  Go FHS!  

41 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Ravenwood is a very good Class 6A football program and their coaching staff does a great job.  They've went to several state championship games and won a couple in a short period of time.  It's a hotbed of talent in a County that's filled with it's share of players.  

It will be a monumental challenge on Friday night and I hope the Yellow Jackets are able to come away with a victory but more importantly come away healthy with November right around the corner.  Go FHS!  

Yeah, I was on the sideline with Will Hester in victory and defeat, my friend.  I know all about Ravenwood...

14 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Didnt fairview win this game last year?

3 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Didnt fairview win this game last year?

No sir. We hung in there close and I believe led early in the 4th quarter but they ended up beating us by a couple TDs. Our offense is more multi-dimensional this year than last year though and I really felt like at the end of the game that was why they pulled a way. They could load the box and keep us from sustaining long drives. We have a great QB this year that can sling it and is very accurate. I feel like this will be a high scoring game on both sides. 

• Thanks 1

As in most cases I feel this game will be won or lost up front.  The Jackets have to avoid the dirty laundry.  

20 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

No they lost by 2TDs.  Ravenwood reached the 6A Quarterfinals before losing to Cane Ridge.  Fairview reached the 3A Quarterfinals before losing to Pearl-Cohn.  

On 10/8/2018 at 11:44 AM, Swarm said:

O_0 Sounds like you ready to throw in the towel.  Pc will lose this Friday and it will kill there pride. Better take advantage 

27 minutes ago, EastNasty said:

O_0 Sounds like you ready to throw in the towel.  Pc will lose this Friday and it will kill there pride. Better take advantage 

Throw in the towel?? :rolleyes:

Not at all. This is a winnable game for us and I realize it. Matter of fact it's exactly the kind of win our program needs to propel us on a deep playoff run. That's the point I was trying to make. Good luck with Pearl on Friday night. I'd love to watch that game. 

• Like 1