OOLTEWAH VS HVA

MAN IT GOT NIPPY AND I SAT IN MY CAR BEFORE HEADING HOME..DEM OWLS PLAYED SLOPPY BUT STILL MADE THE DEFENSIVE STOPS TO WIN. HVA WAS ON THE GOAL LINE TWICE BUT COULDN'T PUNCH IT IN. I THOUGHT THE HVA QB WOULD RUN IT IN AND HE KEPT HANDING IT OFF ON THE 2YD LINE. THEIR PLAY CALLING WAS AS HORRIFIC AS OURS:eek: ON TO DA GUTTS WHO TOOK CLEVELAND TO THE WOODSHED...GO OWLS!!

#LOP 

MAN IT GOT NIPPY AND I SAT IN MY CAR BEFORE HEADING HOME..DEM OWLS PLAYED SLOPPY BUT STILL MADE THE DEFENSIVE STOPS TO WIN. HVA WAS ON THE GOAL LINE TWICE BUT COULDN'T PUNCH IT IN. I THOUGHT THE HVA QB WOULD RUN IT IN AND HE KEPT HANDING IT OFF ON THE 2YD LINE. THEIR PLAY CALLING WAS AS HORRIFIC AS OURS:eek: ON TO DA GUTTS WHO TOOK CLEVELAND TO THE WOODSHED...GO OWLS!!

#LOP 

Heck of an effort by the Hawks to recover from the early shock from #7 and #1 (unbelievable).  HVA play calling in the red zone was almost as sloppy as the daggum field (horrible).  Left way too many points and opportunities on the field.  Should have taken the easy field goals the 3 or 4 times (I lost count) that they went for it on 4th and goal.  Don’t deserve to advance if the coaches can’t figure out how to secure points from the 5yd line or closer! SMH

Proud of this team and especially the Seniors! #2, #3, #10, #20, #24, #71, and #73 played with a lot of heart tonight!  Down 35-14 and on the ropes... you fought back, refused to quit, and came within a yard of an upset win.  Truly great character on display in that 4th quarter valiant effort.

Good luck to them Owls... you are certainly going to need it next week!

Edited by RebelAtHeart

9 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

WAY TO GO OWLS!!! #LOP.

HARDIN VALLEY TALKING ABOUT THE FIELD IS FUNNY. THEIR PLACE USED TO BE A COW PASTURE. THEY GOT ALL UPPITY WITH CARPET.

I’ve definitely seen nicer cow pastures! Wasn’t being uppity or blaming the field but I definitely think the “damp” field favored the Owls’ run-only style over the passing attack from the Hawks.  HVA is very thankful for the carpet... especially when playing on cow pastures (like Ooltewah and Jeff Co games this year).

Owls got the win... not blaming the field or refs or cheesy Rick Flair cheers... HVA had a half dozen chances to win the game and came up short - even with the defense on their heels much of the first half.

Kudos to them Owls for doing what was necessary to get the W... game was a good summary of the Hawks’ season.  Ranged from awful to awesome and came up short when it really mattered.