2018 D2-AA Bracketology

Booger

2018 D2-AA Gold Ball Champion  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 D2-AA State Gold Ball

49 minutes ago, BreadTruck44 said:

Heard that they had a couple of other QBs get hurt.  I saw that opening drive against Lausanne and was impressed up to the turnover. 

How do you see the Harding / St. George's game going?

Thinking it will be a good one. St. George’s handled them easily in the first match up, but has not been impressive at all since then. If their offense is clicking and the QB making throws, they can be hard to beat, like how they were able to beat ECS. If Harding can get their run game going, they definitely have a chance in the rematch. I went with Harding strictly because I think they are playing better more recently. It will likely be a long drive home from Nashville for either team next weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BreadTruck44 said:

Every time someone talks about baseball on a Booger thread, an angel gets their wings!  I hope we run into you guys in our baseball travels this year.

So... I've been looking at USJ, their line and their two large backs and am wondering why they didn't win more west TN games... Maybe Wilson or some other west guy can give us some insight?

We'll just stick together and bug the tar outta ole Booger! Been a few years since we met at state. Maybe we can figure out how to get past CAK and USJ this year.

Back to football.......sorry Booger! :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, BreadTruck44 said:

Every time someone talks about baseball on a Booger thread, an angel gets their wings!  I hope we run into you guys in our baseball travels this year.

So... I've been looking at USJ, their line and their two large backs and am wondering why they didn't win more west TN games... Maybe Wilson or some other west guy can give us some insight?

11 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

We'll just stick together and bug the tar outta ole Booger! Been a few years since we met at state. Maybe we can figure out how to get past CAK and USJ this year.

Back to football.......sorry Booger! :mrgreen:

https://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php?/forum/50-spring-sports/

Booger just sayin :roll:

1 hour ago, FootballFan51 said:

Notre Dame had a 5-6 year head start on D2, while CCS had only a 1-2 year head start...

the Irish head start consisted of a decision to hire sumwon to bring our FB up out of 70 years of gutter and everyones doormat....and that was 7 years and 71 wins later......when this took place, there were no talk bout no privates gettin kicked outta PUB football...

..actually ND had bout 100 years head start......and the Irish were in those 100 years much like St Elmos Sword of Joshua Full Gospel Independent Pentecostal Assembly r now.......youve never able to get the right people in place to get yourselves past a 5 win season....sayin your in a head start may b a massive understatement......wait til CCS starts playin up in AAA in all those other sports next year......u may retract that headstart thing

....u want to accuse sumone in a headstart on D2...u look at that co-opin D2 Luzianne

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

19 hours ago, warhawk said:

Lausanne was not beatable last season.    They are beatable this season---they are not as disciplined on the O line and a tight zebra crew can hold this group in check .  I will see CPA play friday and give my thoughts on that matchup later once I see that squad play.    I have no idea how ECS lost to SG this year as SG is not very good so maybe that was their one bad game. 

Lausanne has 3-4 huge lineman and multiple fast players. I think they are unbeatable.  ECS looks pretty big too but not as fast. It appears one of CPA's strengths is strategic holding at the line.  They don't generally take defensive players down, but they hold on almost every play and it's never called.  Of course, the game I saw was at home. Like you say, a tight zebra crew might hold them in check as well.

13 hours ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Very good up front with 2 big physical backs. However, they don’t appear to have any passing game or big play ability. They get 3-4 yards at a time, so if they have no gain or a loss on a play then they are in trouble. It’s hard, IMO, to go down the field in high school like that without making a mistake. The opening drive against Lausanne, they were actually driving the ball really well but fumbled when they got around the Lausanne 30. After that they had difficulty getting much going. Watched the Harding game also, which was much of the same. 

USJ has been playing the 3rd QB since the 4th quarter of the SG game.   they lost 1 and 2 Qb's early in the season.  We have all watched a lot of football and its very rare to lose 2 qb's in early part of the season.  Hard to overcome but that's not the biggest USJ issue.  They also played some good 4A teams early and were hesitant to play a lot of kids and it has hurt them.   They are capable of really good football but do not rotate players in to keep them fresh because subs that are capable were not brought up to speed.    The Region losses have come from explosive quarters by other teams.  Hoping to get some breaks at CPA. 

8 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

ECS is big. That’s the reason they beat Webb. Webb led 10-0 at half and then ECS leaned on us all second half to win 13-10. They are actually a very solid football team.  

Heard the podcast....good show. Asked my son about the rabbit, and he gave me the update. Praying for him to heal very quickly. He's an elite talent with huge upside at the next level. Y'all have the horses to still scare some people. Keep ETN in the mix! We'll try and do our part. Man, that's going to be a LONG DRIVE over and back. It'll be a LOT shorter, if we can bring back a "W" with us.

Article in the Tennessean about the playoffs and too many classifications etc. I found it interesting close to the end of the article talking about the members of the Board of Control and I quote " TSSAA board member's must do what's best for high school football in Tennessee, not what's best for their school."  What a novel concept Pink Pony attendees. Quit rigging the rules in your favor as you give you and your schools a bad name.

• Like 1