Riverside at Lewis County - Round 2

@38320

6 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

May happen that way bud, we wont go down without a good fight whatever the case. How do you think your chances are against the winner of Peabody and Union City if you manage past Riverside again? I know they will be a handful for not only each other but whoever manages past this weekend. I've seen Trousdale play we aren't overmatched in that game if it happens that way wouldn't say either team would win by more then 2 scores. I really would predict a good game between the two of us if it happens that way. Watertown I've not seen, Can't give any insights. Honestly I'm not looking past South Greene they have some strange tendency for 2nd half comebacks. I just hope we dont use their chain gang.:roflolk: Should be a good thread next week for all that advance.

I imagine you all will have your hands full as well with Riverside Friday. It's hard to beat a good team twice the same way. Wish both of you good luck though man I have respect for both teams.

"If" we get past Riverside I think Peabody will be in trouble. Thats about all Im going to say this week about it. I have seen both teams in person. Peabody is pretty dang tough. I got to save some trash talk for next week if we win. Good luck to you guys also.

8 hours ago, Trollin said:

Not degrading y’alls kids man. Y’all just have a weak schedule. And ever since you opened your mouth bashing me, riding Meigs I’ll do every chance to get under your skin. Good luck Friday, though y’all won’t need it. Cupcake #13. Semi finals will be serving meat and potatoes. Bring an appetite 

We do have a weak schedule I agree, and you cant bother me honestly lol so if it's fun for you keep it up I can also play that game and we enjoy the publicity. You're helping keep us on the map so to speak. We cant help the playoff schedule though in one sense I'm glad its weaker to save from injuries but then again come crunch time gonna see how deep the boys can dig next week to try and pull it out. Wont be easy for sure and we travel 2.5 - 3 hours if we win Friday depending on which team wins between Trousdale and Watertown.

Edited by Imthayeti

8 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

"If" we get past Riverside I think Peabody will be in trouble. Thats about all Im going to say this week about it. I have seen both teams in person. Peabody is pretty dang tough. I got to save some trash talk for next week if we win. Good luck to you guys also.

Of all the teams I have watched they appear to be the most explosive. One missed assignment looks alot of times to be a td from that team. Whoever plays them has their hands full.

On 11/11/2018 at 9:40 PM, Trollin said:

No surprise General. RS is a good team. Vandy and I been sayin it all along. RS vs Waverly in Quarters. I just don’t understand how nobody else outside of R6 didn’t see how good they were. I knew half way into season R5 wasn’t going to be as good as last year. Honestly I think the only reason Lewis beat CA is because they just lost QB1. Takes time to get in the groove with a new trigger puller. 

On the flip side of this convo... Waverly gonna have their hands full come Friday night. It’s tough to beat a good team twice in a season. Hope our boys stay focused

But Waverly almost got beat with CA 3rd string qb. Guess only reason Waverly won is because CA was using their 3rd string qb didn’t have time to get in the groove being he was the “new trigger puller”

Edited by BabyHuey63
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

We do have a weak schedule I agree, and you cant bother me honestly lol so if it's fun for you keep it up I can also play that game and we enjoy the publicity. You're helping keep us on the map so to speak. We cant help the playoff schedule though in one sense I'm glad its weaker to save from injuries but then again come crunch time gonna see how deep the boys can dig next week to try and pull it out. Wont be easy for sure and we travel 2.5 - 3 hours if we win Friday depending on which team wins between Trousdale and Watertown.

Good deal. Well best of luck!

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Appreciate it. I think your next game will be a dandy man. Hard to beat a team twice the same way. Good luck though. Got a buddy that pulls for Riverside says they got surprises for Waverly. Guess well see.

Your right man. Gonna be a tough one. I’m sure both teams will be pulling out all the goodies.

• 2 years later...
On 11/3/2018 at 3:06 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

That percentage is a misnomer because they only play against bottom feeders.

On a second note, Riverside should go ahead and prepare for next week. Because LC doesn’t play anyone in the regular season, they always get put out during the second round.

On 11/4/2018 at 4:55 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

LC wont win.

On 11/6/2018 at 5:30 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

They have been put out in the first and second round more times than they have made it past the second round!

Know your facts! 10-1 & 11-2 teams display LC doesn’t play anyone during the season! That’s why LC always gets put out early!

Fact, the head coach has two buddies in the T$$AA that ALWAYS puts LC in a weak district/region! It’s easy to have awesome seasons when you are playing the Redboiling Springs, Richlands and Middle Tn Christians of HS teams!

On 11/7/2018 at 6:40 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

They play the region schedule, due to his buddies fixing it to being a weak region! 

Let's just wait and see how Friday plays out. If I am wrong, you guys will be in round three for the first time in a long time. If I am right, you guys will be on the hardwood like every year since and before that third round defeat, from years ago.

On 11/8/2018 at 12:16 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

So, you are bragging about making it past the second round twice, then add in another post second round that another posted to make three times in last 25 years?

Have those round balls bouncing come next week!

On 11/8/2018 at 4:49 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Every dog has its day.

But hey, if we had a soft schedule year after year then we’d be in the playoffs as well! Since the 1986 brackets, its not hard to do. Even 2-8 teams make the playoffs. 

On 11/9/2018 at 12:24 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Get ready to hear that ball bounce on the hardwood next week down there in Hohenwald! 

It’s a familiar sound about this time each year.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:36 PM, Bulldogfan24 said:

Surprise Lewis co makes another second round exit. 

On 11/9/2018 at 11:16 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Boy, that is a surprise! Too bad nobody called it!

On 11/9/2018 at 11:26 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

There is always next year!

On 11/9/2018 at 11:29 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Given the history, I bet those basketballs are aired up red-ta-go!

On 11/10/2018 at 7:22 PM, Bulldogfan24 said:

Once again another weak opponent. When we do have a good team and coach we make it out of the second round unlike Lewis. For the long run Lewis county has making the playoffs you would think they would have a few golden balls. And a reminder the two teams playing in 3rd round are from region 6. 

On 11/12/2018 at 2:34 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Do they give gold balls for regular season paper state champs?

Familiar, anyone?