2018 Sonic ShootOut

ukhoops

39 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

I don't blame Cookeville for not liking White County. We've beaten them over the years (with only half as many students)more than anyone including a huge stretch of somewhere around 20 in a row(maybe more) in the late 80's to the late 90's when our girls team went to the STATE tourney 7 out of 8 years. Sure we may lose tonight, but Cookeville has never had the success White County has had(girls AND boys teams) in basketball. We have had 24 state tourney appearances and 3 State Championships. Good luck the rest of the year!

All true.   Except I didn't say anything about the 80-90's.  I remember when Sparta was the #1 team in the nation and when Jolly played there.  They have rich tradition and there is no denying that.  I would expect an answer like this if I was saying anything about the history of White County basketball but  I wasn't.  I said they haven't played anyone until tonight.   

32 minutes ago, repoman said:

Basically ,why would Cookeville enter this tournament! and why Sparta would invite.

Rumors were that they didn't invite us last year.  Not sure if that is true or not.  We won it the previous year.   Not sure why we play it or why the invite it but its close and its our rivals and I like it!  :D

45 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

All true.   Except I didn't say anything about the 80-90's.  I remember when Sparta was the #1 team in the nation and when Jolly played there.  They have rich tradition and there is no denying that.  I would expect an answer like this if I was saying anything about the history of White County basketball but  I wasn't.  I said they haven't played anyone until tonight.   

Fair enough. No matter who loses tonight I think we both have good solid teams this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indian said:

Clarkrange 51-27 over Sequatchie at halftime. Sequatchie arrives thinking they’re playing Western Ky homeschool, which the bracket stated, and gets told they’re playing Clarkrange with zero prior notice. Blazers switched to play Warren and lost something around 70-25. 

That stinks.   Sequatchie would have beaten the other team for sure.   Clarkrange/Warren would have been a good game too.   Why the change?  

3 hours ago, Indian said:

You'd have to ask the tournament director. 79-35 final. Sequatchie had some good moments here and there in the first half, actually led 10-5 to start, but wore down in the second. 

I didn’t know of the bracket change and neither did Seq Indians according to their bookkeeper. I’m not a Sparta fan first of all and lost a bunch of respect for them tonight. I sat behind Seq bench and was appalled at how the referees treated the young lady coach from Seq. Then to watch the Sparta coach nudge the guy beside him and laugh. I put 2 and 2 together. They were in to get the coach. A warning for not being in box and a technical for who knows what..even Clarkrange coach was confused. The younger ref met with Sparta coach at half and they high 5’d. Classless. Sparta owes Seq fans and all involved an apology. Referee needs to get out of profession. The cops were then called and one asked me what the coach was doing to be unruly. Classless bunch...wish my cavs wouldn’t return.