Elizabethton Cyclones

VOLSOHARD18

41 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

It's still growing. Our Middle school teams have gotten better and better with each passing year. If we can translate that to high school football interest we could have something special in a few years. 

Plus you're going to start pulling athletes from Johnson City.

17 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You build it........They will come. It's just the natural order of things. Everybody want to be with a winner.

Oh gotcha, I thought there was something going on. But I agree, if we can continue to grow and improve we should be able to attract more athletes as well. It's a nice community with a small town vibe

23 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Oh gotcha, I thought there was something going on. But I agree, if we can continue to grow and improve we should be able to attract more athletes as well. It's a nice community with a small town vibe

Well there is something going on, in case nobody has noticed. That coaching staff over in Johnson City has fallen flat. If you remember when they all came on board over there how everybody was saying they were going to conquer the world. All they've been able to do is beat Dobyns-Bennett (not a big deal anymore). No serious playoff run since they've been there and it doesn't look like anything's going to happen in the future. Seems to me if Betsy gets things rolling they would look mighty attractive to some top notch athletes wanting some playoff and championship game exposure. Not to mention just better all around coaching.

Anderson county was just a lot better. Who knows how many classes they will be in 2 years. Because Ehs will lose South and Central and if it stays 6 classes they will have trouble with games because they had a hard time getting a 10th game this year. I think there should be 4 classes.

Edited by Tab