Cornersville, Giles Co Scrimmage

rebelboy121

I left early in the 3rd. It was 34-7 I believe. Pretty one sided. Cornersville really had a tough time running on our D and we pretty much moved the ball at will on offense. We did have a ton of stupid penalties. 

I think Cornersville will have a great season. I think they were just a little outmatched.

12 hours ago, 2001Bobcat said:

I left early in the 3rd. It was 34-7 I believe. Pretty one sided. Cornersville really had a tough time running on our D and we pretty much moved the ball at will on offense. We did have a ton of stupid penalties. 

I think Cornersville will have a great season. I think they were just a little outmatched.

I also heard that Cornersville had a hard time hanging onto the ball.  Heard that they had 3 or 4 turnovers?  If so, that will hurt a team each and every time.  Hopefully they can get a handle (all puns intended) on the ball and get that all turnaround.  Good luck to each team and Go Dawgs!

I will say this. The DAWGS have some work to do and need to gel as a team. I thought Giles was on two year probation and playoff ban from the issues last year..at least that is what I was told. Giles needs to clean some things up. Four personal fouls and guys throwing hands will get some guys a week off. It appeared to me Giles wanted to fight more than play football, but that's just me.

1 hour ago, Jobres76 said:

I will say this. The DAWGS have some work to do and need to gel as a team. I thought Giles was on two year probation and playoff ban from the issues last year..at least that is what I was told. Giles needs to clean some things up. Four personal fouls and guys throwing hands will get some guys a week off. It appeared to me Giles wanted to fight more than play football, but that's just me.

No, we just had to forfeit the wins last year when the kid was on the team (even though he hardly played). We could have actually gone to the playoffs if we had won our last two games.

I agree with cleaning up the personal fouls. Did you see the kids bear crawling on the sideline after that? I'm sure those things will get corrected.

I thought we were just the more physical team from the start. Not sure about the fighting. It looked to me like we came to play football and the outcome indicated that.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:36 PM, 2001Bobcat said:

No, we just had to forfeit the wins last year when the kid was on the team (even though he hardly played). We could have actually gone to the playoffs if we had won our last two games.

I agree with cleaning up the personal fouls. Did you see the kids bear crawling on the sideline after that? I'm sure those things will get corrected.

I thought we were just the more physical team from the start. Not sure about the fighting. It looked to me like we came to play football and the outcome indicated that.

Oh OK. wasn't sure about the playoffs. Guess you can't go off all you hear. 

I just watched most of the 1st half of the film. I am all for physical football because that is what Cornersville has hung it's hat on the last few years. Not sure if you are calling physical football blindsiding/hitting from behind after the play was over(at least twice in the 1st half) choking a player while on the ground because the choker got blocked out of the play, laying on top of a player swinging left and rights, or ripping players helmets off. That, to me, is not "physical football" and the flags indicated that.