Who Has Seen Melrose Play?

BDURHAM

Saw them play vs CBHS. Good size upfront on both lines, and their skill people are very fast. However, this team is very different from the past Melrose bunch in that they don't make the mental mistakes they did with Thompson. Kenny Ingram is a good coach and he has a disciplined ball club. They rely on the big play, and proved it against CBHS converting a 4th and 20 with under 2:00 to go to pull out a 19-17 W.

I saw Melrose play MUS this year. Unlike last year, the earlier posts are correct, Melrose is a very disciplined team this year. They run a balanced offense and have big play potential at ever moment in the game. Their backs and receivers are extremely fast, and can break one the distance from anywhere on the field. Most teams fear the deep ball from them, but the key to their game plan is spreading the defese out and running the football. Their quarterback has a good arm and handles their passing attack(stops, takeoffs and slants) well. They all sit as offensive and defensive units on the sideline and unlike previous Melros teams commit few penalties and handle the ball well. This is the one team that I feel ca challenge Maryville this year. They have proven their success by beating MUS, CBHS, and East two times. I know they play Hillsboro this week who has had a great year, but I do not see Melrose losing to anyone this year.

i was at the Melrose-East game at the first of the season, and melrose who was picked to loose came out and played a great game. there were many people who thought they would not be able to compete with the strong East offence, but they came out on top. I agree with lynch they have a good team this year strong in many areas. I also got a chance to meet some of the players at the bridges breakfast at the beginning of the season and they were o great group of guys who deserve this win. :x