Macon @ Westmoreland

GBO52

On 9/1/2019 at 1:05 PM, Mr. Postman1 said:

Still no macon comments. Dissapointing.  Also surprising the low number of players macon has this season. 

That school has almost 1000 kids they shouldn't ever have a problem with numbers.

Its always odd to me that they are usually pretty decent in Jr. High football and then it drops off in high school.

4 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

That school has almost 1000 kids they shouldn't ever have a problem with numbers.

Its always odd to me that they are usually pretty decent in Jr. High football and then it drops off in high school.

I was at dale hollow today and talked to a kid that graduated from macon last year. He looked athletic and I asked him if he played football. He said he quit his junior year under wilson because he got a job and wanted to miss 2 practices per week and wilson said no. I hear Macon has tons of kids that this happens to. You are right about their junior high. They are usually good. It is a strange thing. They only looked to have 38 kids last friday and we had 51 and only have 485 student.

9 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

I was at dale hollow today and talked to a kid that graduated from macon last year. He looked athletic and I asked him if he played football. He said he quit his junior year under wilson because he got a job and wanted to miss 2 practices per week and wilson said no. I hear Macon has tons of kids that this happens to. You are right about their junior high. They are usually good. It is a strange thing. They only looked to have 38 kids last friday and we had 51 and only have 485 student.

Low numbers has been a huge problem at Macon for years.