Clarksville NE at F J Reitz High School

ReitzFan

On Friday, Clarksville NE will travel to my hometown of Evansville, Indiana to take on my alma mater, the Panthers of F J Reitz High School in the historic Reitz Bowl. For those fans of Clarksville NE who may be making the drive to Evansville, I would like to invite you to drive up early and visit Franklin Street which is close to the Reitz Bowl. There are a number of great restaurants in which you can get an outstanding meal before the ball game. I personally recommend a German restaurant called the Gerst Haus. This restaurant was related to the Gerst Haus that used to be in Nashville only the Evansville location is so much better. If you would like some Italian food or a great steak, I recommend Smitty's which is right across the street from the Gerst Haus. They have inside and outside dining. If you just like some good Tavern food I recommended going a few blocks down to the west to Sportsman's Billiards. There are a number of other great establishments in which you may eat or even have an adult beverage or two before the game on Friday. A couple of other things that you may need to know. Parking is somewhat Limited at the Reitz Bowl. The school is 100 years old and landlocked in a neighborhood on top of a hill overlooking the Ohio River. Arrive early for parking close to the stadium either in a lot or on the streets that go up and down Reitz Hill. Expect a big crowd at this game on Friday as it is Fill The Bowl Night. The Historic Reitz Bowl is 99 years old and it is considered by many to be the first Super Stadium for high school football. The stadium has a seating capacity of well over 12,000. Visitors stands are metal bleachers facing the school. The field is an artificial surface with NFL style goal posts. I promise that you will never experience a High School stadium quite like The Historic Reitz Bowl. I wish travel mercies for the folks traveling up from Clarksville and I hope you enjoy your trip to the west side of Evansville. Sorry, but I have to say it, GO REITZ!

Edited by ReitzFan