Waverly travels to Hickman County

Wavo2004

34 minutes ago, JumboTron said:

It’s still a long season. Tiger family we have to get behind our team! First win of the season against Hickman county! Last years team started out 1-3 and made it to the semifinals!

I agree. I know the score didn't reflect it, but I thought they were a whole lot better than the week before.  I saw the growth I was looking for. Had they played like that against Camden, no doubt we would have won that game. They looked more like a team. Huntington was just too much for a growing team like ours. Most teams have four or five good solid athletes, but all 11 of Huntington's were that! I did hope for a better outcome, but I did see some progression. We held them to less points in the first half and overall then last year's squad did, just couldn't score, and that's pretty good considering that our defense was on the field THE ENTIRE GAME!!! We've definitely got to find some way to get this offense going, but at least the defense has improved somewhat. Maybe this week it all comes together, or maybe that's my wishful thinking again!

Guest Vandyfan2

This weeks matchup with Hickman will definitely let us Tiger fans know. The past two weeks should have for most. I thought coach T was were we talked about realization and how good kids, coaching and teams perform. Just because I say my opinion on the team doesn’t mean I don’t back them. This team will not make it to the semi @JumboTron. That’s just the facts. I honestly see this years team going 4-6 on the season maybe  5-5. There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion it’s just the way it is.

Edited by Vandyfan2

Guest Vandyfan2
16 minutes ago, bigmac45 said:

like I said hickman county will win 2a region 6 this year. waverly is no longer the king.

I wouldn’t go that far either. Have you seen Scott’s Hill, Riverside, Waverly, or Houston county play?

Guest Vandyfan2
6 hours ago, bigmac45 said:

like I said hickman county will win 2a region 6 this year. waverly is no longer the king.

Also who has Hickman played for you to already claim the region?Waverly is region champs until someone knocks them off and I don’t think Hickman will be the team to do it. 

Edited by Vandyfan2

Friday will be the big eye opener on the rest of the season.

Camden wasn’t very good, and Waverly was worst. Lots of mistakes and turnovers. Pass defense was non existent.

Huntingdon is a great team, a team I foresee making it all the way this year if they stay healthy. I did think Waverly defense looked better, but the pass defense is still horrific. We just don’t have the athletes to match up man on anyone but maybe McEwen lol. 

I still believe Waverly will go 6-4 as region champs or 5-5 as a #2 seed. 

Will have to see how things go Friday.

The offense has got to get better. I don’t understand why we run spread formation when we are obviously not a pass threat with no QB. Huntingdon stacked the box every time daring us to throw. Although I thought Stanfield did a good job considering he isn’t a QB. If we’re going to be a run team with no passing game we have to tighten the formation and our splits and run some misdirection and power football. 

The pass defense has got to at least make an appearance. The only way I see that happening is playing zone and adding a pass rush/blitz combo. 

Edited by Trollin

Guest Vandyfan2
1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Friday will be the big eye opener on the rest of the season.

Camden wasn’t very good, and Waverly was worst. Lots of mistakes and turnovers. Pass defense was non existent.

Huntingdon is a great team, a team I foresee making it all the way this year if they stay healthy. I did think Waverly defense looked better, but the pass defense is still horrific. We just don’t have the athletes to match up man on anyone but maybe McEwen lol. 

I still believe Waverly will go 6-4 as region champs or 5-5 as a #2 seed. 

Will have to see how things go Friday.

The offense has got to get better. I don’t understand why we run spread formation when we are obviously not a pass threat with no QB. Huntingdon stacked the box every time daring us to throw. Although I thought Stanfield did a good job considering he isn’t a QB. If we’re going to be a run team with no passing game we have to tighten the formation and our splits and run some misdirection and power football. 

The pass defense has got to at least make an appearance. The only way I see that happening is playing zone and adding a pass rush/blitz combo. 

Yes yes and yes!!!!!!!! Getting away from the spread would be the best thing for us without a doubt.  I think we get away from that and work on the pass defense I would really like our chances. I think the way our team is build this yr it would be the best thing for us.

16 hours ago, Vandyfan2 said:

This weeks matchup with Hickman will definitely let us Tiger fans know. The past two weeks should have for most. I thought coach T was were we talked about realization and how good kids, coaching and teams perform. Just because I say my opinion on the team doesn’t mean I don’t back them. This team will not make it to the semi @JumboTron. That’s just the facts. I honestly see this years team going 4-6 on the season maybe  5-5. There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion it’s just the way it is.

I didn’t say they were going to make it to the semi’s. I said last years team started out 1-3 and made it. Got to give them a chance. They have to find their identity and they need a leader to step up. Probably need to play some of that young talent sitting on the sideline. Still a long season! 

1 hour ago, Swarm said:

No way yall lose to Hickman. I get what you're saying but if yall drop this game you have bigger problems than inexperience. 

Tigers by 28+

Never thought I would say it but this game could have major implications on the playoffs. Still early and not time to hit panic button but waverly better pick it up like my panthers