BRIAN SKELTON!

mdtnspectator

Hey people give credit where its due. Brain Skeleton can play, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that he is the one to stop if you want to beat Houston Co. He not only scores but he rebounds and he plays the front on the press which allows him to get steals and deflections.

In that Mont Central game not much defense was being played that was pretty obvious with Burney having 33 and Brian having the 42. Those are two special players but sometimes thats just how the game goes.

Guest Free2Hate

IM a TRUE FAN of this kid after watching him play the other nigh at central and must say that he is one of the greatest players in the game with out a shot.If anyone just had o come out and guard him he would be alot more effective.42 is just plum AMAZING.Im just a little curious why dont they give himthe ball more at the game the other night he couldn miss ut then agian there were other players that were getting threes blocked and everything if they would of gave hime the rock more he could of had well over 50 i mean he didnt miss to many shots when he didnt get fouled and when he did he didnt miss to many then either.Does the coach not tell his players to give him the rock??I know he needs a supporting cast and all but ,make them stop him first before you go off and get threes blocked.HE also is a very good rebonder and has pretty good vision and great speed?But SKELTON can play and thats all i have to say.Does anyone know how many he had tuesday night at waverly?I heard it wasnt quite the show that he pu on agianst central.Also does anyone know if this kid plays football?IF he doesnt he should because the way i see it he would make a great reciver to and if im not mistaken i think that houson county football is pretty young and hasa prett good passing game.

[Edited by Free2Hate on 11-30-02 10:17P]

Guest Free2Hate

I know i was saying anything bad abot him and dont think that i said anything that would make anything bad about him .AGIAN i am a true fan of him.I was just saying dont you think to be very successful in the next level that he needs a better jump shot or better off just a shot at all?The ked is a player and that is all there is to it.

In reply to freetohate's question, skelton only had 12 points against Waverly and I can't imagine how he scored 42 against Montgomery Central unless they just let him drive to the rim all night. But remember, Central has never played defense on anyone. I've watched him for 3 years now and have yet to see him hit a jump shot. No doubt he is an athlete and possesses some ability, but he will not play at the next level without a jump shot. I do enjoy watching him play though, he's an exciting player and plays hard. Also, for Houston County, Andy Ross put on a show with 7 three pointers with people hanging all over him. Waverly still won by about 20 though.

Guest Free2Hate

Skelton scored 42 and was pretty amazing.Not only were they hanging all over him they were also all helping on him that night to.He dogded like ten charges while he was in the air(that is not over-estimating either).HE is one of the best guys ive ever seen at moving in the air and dodging what looks to be a forsure charge. The 42 points wasnt over shooting either,i bet that he didnt miss 5 shots when he was not fouled.His shot to what i saw had improved a little from last year but i havent seen him agian so i cant say forsure he may of just been on that night..Ross is a pretty good player and 7 3's is pretty amazing but the night at central he was cold shooting like 3 for 15 and only had 9 points.And it didnt seem as he knew how to pass that night.Skelton scored everytime he shot and ross was throwing up 3s and even got a few blocked.I thought that that was not needed when Skelton was on fire and he couldnt hit.Dont really know what happened to them the night at waverly but i heard from someone that was there that they just played about as bad as they possibly could.But one thing you said you couldnt believe that skelton scored 42 i bet you before the years up he does it 2 or 3 more times.Also heard another rumor that i forgot to say that he scored the 42 with a broken thumb and of course if it was true he still had that broken thumb agianst waverly.The paper says he only had 12 last night agianst jo burns also.Does anyone know for sure if he has a broken finger or not?Skelton could start for any team in tennessee i bet you that.

I play against brian at least twice every year and swamp tiger if youve never seen him hit a jumpshot then how many games have you watched him play. He can shoot from ANYWHERE ON THE COURT and yes he could start for anyteam in the state. He would be ranked in the top 10-15 in the state if he gave 100% night in and night out. Houston Co. does have one of the most underrated backcourts in all of tn with ross and skelton! Ross is almost gauranteed if your not glued to him. Hes quick , puts up his shot beofre its blocked and plays with as much heart and intesity as anyone in the state! Someone needs to watch this team play but other than those 2, houston county does not have much.

for southtn, I've seen Skelton play 8 times since he's been in high school and in my opinion he does not have a jump shot. I don't mean to be critical of him, but that is obviously the big flaw in his game and it's hard to imagine he hasn't improved on that over the years. I've seen him shoot a set shot, but 95% of his offensive game his driving to the basket, which I will admit he is very good at. Don't get me wrong, I love watching him play and think he is one of the most exciting players around. The times I've seen him play he's always played hard with very little rest. I also enjoy watching Ross play, a hard nosed little thing. But unfortunately, the two are all they have this year so I think it will be a long year for the Irish. Keep an eye on McEwen in that district especially when they get a couple of injured players back.