Houston vs Waverly

vandyfan1

3 minutes ago, ocac said:

Boldin did a very good job at Whitwell, but everyone who is familiar knows that the Whitwell team was built by Malone.  Malone played young and those kids matured through time.  They were ready when Boldin took over.  I think Boldin will do very well in Waverly, especially if they are not bumped up a class.  They need to stay in 2A if at all possible. 

Yes I don’t like the thought of 3A at all. I think I heard we are one of the highest enrollments for AA but would be the lowest at AAA

On October 11, 2019 at 8:50 PM, vandyfan1 said:

Can Houston county seal the deal or can waverly turn it around! Who ya got?

Ok ready to put my two cents in. No disrespect to either team just my opinion. I haven't seen waverly yet but ate my crow two Friday's ago. I could tell before the game the Irish were ready to play and rhs like everyone else thought they would be a pushover. They wasn't, they took control of the game from the First snap. From what I saw they Were a very well coached team that executed their game plan on offense and tackled very well. The panthers have a good defense but in much like the other losses they couldn't get off the field. Too many converted third downs on counters,sweeps or passes. I didn't see any one or two particular players stand out just a bunch of guys who bought in to what their coaches taught them. And that is a good quality to have-TEAM work. Now in saying this I do think it would a better game if we played again with the panthers preparing better but Houston just plainly beat us. Yes waverly Lost some very key players but I'm sure they are finding the ones to step in. Got to prepare mentally for an even game that could go either way. Sorry if I rambled too much just wanted to give my assessment of them and what I thought. Good luck 

1 hour ago, Bigpun54 said:

Ok ready to put my two cents in. No disrespect to either team just my opinion. I haven't seen waverly yet but ate my crow two Friday's ago. I could tell before the game the Irish were ready to play and rhs like everyone else thought they would be a pushover. They wasn't, they took control of the game from the First snap. From what I saw they Were a very well coached team that executed their game plan on offense and tackled very well. The panthers have a good defense but in much like the other losses they couldn't get off the field. Too many converted third downs on counters,sweeps or passes. I didn't see any one or two particular players stand out just a bunch of guys who bought in to what their coaches taught them. And that is a good quality to have-TEAM work. Now in saying this I do think it would a better game if we played again with the panthers preparing better but Houston just plainly beat us. Yes waverly Lost some very key players but I'm sure they are finding the ones to step in. Got to prepare mentally for an even game that could go either way. Sorry if I rambled too much just wanted to give my assessment of them and what I thought. Good luck 

Sounds like  a pretty fair assessment to me, especially coming from someone that has played them. I'm looking forward to seeing if our boys are up for the challenge! If they come to play, should be one heck of a game!

7-0 is 7-0. I don’t care who you play.  They doing something right.  I have not expected to see anything resembling a push over.  I am looking forward to the game.  I guess I can’t wait to see if the staff and boys can get together and formulate an effective game plan. This game will have a playoff feel to it.  

4 minutes ago, FearedEagle said:

Interesting note. The Irish haven’t lost at home since week 3 of last year. August 31st. Won’t happen this week either. 

For my Waverly friends making the trip: don’t stop at the basketball gym when you come up the hill. We play football at the other end of the parking lot.. 

Dude you really have a fixation on basketball.  We have been far from a basketball school for several years now.  

9 minutes ago, FearedEagle said:

Interesting note. The Irish haven’t lost at home since week 3 of last year. August 31st. Won’t happen this week either. 

For my Waverly friends making the trip: don’t stop at the basketball gym when you come up the hill. We play football at the other end of the parking lot.. 

You remember my post about the last three meetings between us? 153-21 points don’t forget it!

• Like 2

• CoachT locked this topic