Brainerd @ McMinn Central

blitzinbuc

CHSalum04, I am going to go out on a limb and say that you did NOT go to the game @ McMinn.....lol. 

McMinn County should ALWAYS have more talent then McMinn Central. It is twice the size as Central and really no excuse for losing to them ever. You can't really use that game as a measuring stick in any season, lol. That game was only 7-0 at halftime. McMinn was up 28-7 on Red Bank at halftime. McMinn has a very stout team as you say. The best they have had in years compared to an average Central team. 

Tonight's game will be a battle. Brainerd will want that first win and Central will want to end the season on a high note and carry momentum into next season. Good luck to both teams.

Central 25

Brainerd 23

Edited by gecko

1 minute ago, gecko said:

McMinn County should ALWAYS have more talent then McMinn Central. It is twice the size as Central and really no excuse for losing to them ever. You can't really use that game as a measuring stick in any season, lol. That game was only 7-0 at halftime. McMinn was up 28-7 on Red Bank at halftime. McMinn has a very stout team as you say. The best they have had in years compared to an average Central team. 

Tonight's game will be a battle. Brainerd will want that first win and Central will want to end the season on a high note and carry momentum into next season. Good luck to both teams.

Central 25

Brainerd 23

McMinn hasn't played Red Bank this year. :huh:

12 minutes ago, gecko said:

Yes they have. It was a preseason game like scrimmage. 28-7 @ halftime. 

Pre season?   I knew they scrimmaged in the summer (I didn't mention it on purpose to see your response ;) ) but that doesn't really mean anything as far as results. Central played Tyner within one touchdown in the summer. What would happen if they played tonight?

Edited by Central4218

Moving on. Central is having an average season this year. Brainerd is also an average team (they have played a MUCH tougher schedule). If the schedules were reversed, Brainered would be 3-6 and Central would be 0-9. 

This will be a battle. If Central does not play hard then Brainerd has the talent to run away with it. I am hoping for the former. Would love to see the Seniors go out with a W. 

2 minutes ago, gecko said:

Do not really understand why you are arguing about it. They did play, no matter if a scrimmage or a game. McMinn is better than Red Bank and a really good football team. Are you disagreeing that McMinn is a stout team? Used evidence to prove my point. The CHSalum04 did not attend the Central/McMinn game and McMinn is a very good team. They should always have more talent than Central. Again, do not understand the argument. 

I'm not arguing. I just don't put a lot of stock in summer scrimmages.  Yes McMinn is good but I believe Red Bank is the best team we played this year. Side note... McMinn has played one team with a winning record this year. Guess  who their one loss is to.

1 minute ago, gecko said:

Do not really understand why you are arguing about it. They did play, no matter if a scrimmage or a game. McMinn is better than Red Bank and a really good football team. Are you disagreeing that McMinn is a stout team? Used evidence to prove my point. The CHSalum04 did not attend the Central/McMinn game and McMinn is a very good team. They should always have more talent than Central. Again, do not understand the argument. 

I think that if playing tonight, Red Bank would have the edge on McMinn.  McMinn is a run heavy team, playing into what Central is best at, run defense.  That was why Central was able to play them better.  Red Bank passed the ball all over the field to open up run game.  Anyway, guess it doesn't matter.