West Greene @ Alcoa- 1st round of playoffs

TBE14

I cant believe that there hasn't been a team in the first round just say " the heck with it we aint going to Alcoa"! People say "on any given night" but NO ONE in region 1AAA has a chance to beat Alcoa EVER! I'm not knocking anyone but you could make a region 1AAA all star team and they would get beat by Alcoa by 50!  It's time for TSSAA to start some sort of merit system for classifications. I'm not a give everyone a trophy kinda guy but I am a give everyone a chance kinda guy. Year in year out there will be 1 or 2 teams tops in AAA that can stay within 50 of the Tornadoes! I know Alcoa has AAA enrollment but they honestly should be competing with Knox West, Fulton , Science Hill , and DB in East TN. for championships not Chuckey Doak and West Greene!

30 minutes ago, old24eagle said:

I cant believe that there hasn't been a team in the first round just say " the heck with it we aint going to Alcoa"! People say "on any given night" but NO ONE in region 1AAA has a chance to beat Alcoa EVER! I'm not knocking anyone but you could make a region 1AAA all star team and they would get beat by Alcoa by 50!  It's time for TSSAA to start some sort of merit system for classifications. I'm not a give everyone a trophy kinda guy but I am a give everyone a chance kinda guy. Year in year out there will be 1 or 2 teams tops in AAA that can stay within 50 of the Tornadoes! I know Alcoa has AAA enrollment but they honestly should be competing with Knox West, Fulton , Science Hill , and DB in East TN. for championships not Chuckey Doak and West Greene!

So you want the TSSAA to punish Alcoa because they are winning too much. C’mon man! 

How bout moving those teams that don’t have a chance to 1A? Smh. To be honest, probably wouldn’t have a chance there either.

Edited by Throwdeslant

20 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

So you want the TSSAA to punish Alcoa because they are winning too much. C’mon man! 

How bout moving those teams that don’t have a chance to 1A? Smh. To be honest, probably wouldn’t have a chance there either.

I'm not saying that at all, but how much fun is this game for EITHER team? Besides why would it be punishment? Wouldn't a championship for Alcoa at this point mean a little more if they actually had to play other teams similar to them? 

The top 2 teams in your region after Alcoa could win 1A and 2A and have ZERO chance to get past yall. The top 2 teams in region 1 would compete in the first 2 or 3 rounds in 1A and 2A so your move em to 1A comment is foolish and you know it!

Again I'm not a give everyone a trophy kinda guy, I honestly agree with someone else who said narrow the playoffs down to the top 2 and I even think we should drop down to 3 or at most 4 classifications. That would eliminate this problem all together. I just think its foolish to even play this game to begin with. There isn't even the smallest glimmer of hope for an upset. I can't imagine that the staff at WG are even trying to convince their kids they have a shot.

1 hour ago, old24eagle said:

I'm not saying that at all, but how much fun is this game for EITHER team? Besides why would it be punishment? Wouldn't a championship for Alcoa at this point mean a little more if they actually had to play other teams similar to them? 

The top 2 teams in your region after Alcoa could win 1A and 2A and have ZERO chance to get past yall. The top 2 teams in region 1 would compete in the first 2 or 3 rounds in 1A and 2A so your move em to 1A comment is foolish and you know it!

Again I'm not a give everyone a trophy kinda guy, I honestly agree with someone else who said narrow the playoffs down to the top 2 and I even think we should drop down to 3 or at most 4 classifications. That would eliminate this problem all together. I just think its foolish to even play this game to begin with. There isn't even the smallest glimmer of hope for an upset. I can't imagine that the staff at WG are even trying to convince their kids they have a shot.

Stranger thangs have happened than a 1st round upset

If I were coaching/parenting for the other team I would focus on each kid simply doing the best they can, every play. They may not win, but they might have a moment that lasts a lifetime. What if you put  a hit on kid who ends up in the NFL and years later says it was the hardest he was ever hit. What if you break a tackle from a future SEC LB? What if your block leads to the a score on a team that didn't give up a point in 3A all year?

What if at your 20 year reunion your teammates, your brothers tell your kids about the great game you had against a 4 X defending state champion team.?

I see this as an opportunity for each kid to become a local legend.  Everything is impossible until someone does it.  Think about telling your 4 year-old son that you stopped the NFL running back you guys are watching on TV from crossing the goal line on 4th and 1!

While I agree that there are too many classifications and too many teams make the playoffs, these seniors, if the live to be 100, will never get to play HS football again.  Every game you get to play is a gift. What you decide to do with the opportunity is up to you.