West Greene @ Alcoa- 1st round of playoffs

TBE14

2 hours ago, old24eagle said:

I'm not saying that at all, but how much fun is this game for EITHER team? Besides why would it be punishment? Wouldn't a championship for Alcoa at this point mean a little more if they actually had to play other teams similar to them? 

The top 2 teams in your region after Alcoa could win 1A and 2A and have ZERO chance to get past yall. The top 2 teams in region 1 would compete in the first 2 or 3 rounds in 1A and 2A so your move em to 1A comment is foolish and you know it!

Again I'm not a give everyone a trophy kinda guy, I honestly agree with someone else who said narrow the playoffs down to the top 2 and I even think we should drop down to 3 or at most 4 classifications. That would eliminate this problem all together. I just think its foolish to even play this game to begin with. There isn't even the smallest glimmer of hope for an upset. I can't imagine that the staff at WG are even trying to convince their kids they have a shot.

I would have no problem with less classifications. Also, would like to see a rule where teams can’t simply jump a classification to keep from playing certain teams. Had teams not been able to do so, I could have seen the Tornadoes in 4A...:thumb:

On 11/5/2019 at 8:39 AM, old24eagle said:

I'm not saying that at all, but how much fun is this game for EITHER team? Besides why would it be punishment? Wouldn't a championship for Alcoa at this point mean a little more if they actually had to play other teams similar to them? 

The top 2 teams in your region after Alcoa could win 1A and 2A and have ZERO chance to get past yall. The top 2 teams in region 1 would compete in the first 2 or 3 rounds in 1A and 2A so your move em to 1A comment is foolish and you know it!

Again I'm not a give everyone a trophy kinda guy, I honestly agree with someone else who said narrow the playoffs down to the top 2 and I even think we should drop down to 3 or at most 4 classifications. That would eliminate this problem all together. I just think its foolish to even play this game to begin with. There isn't even the smallest glimmer of hope for an upset. I can't imagine that the staff at WG are even trying to convince their kids they have a shot.

so whos fault is it that the Aluminum City Tornadoes have very little competition for Gold Balls.....

tell us whos at fault

Booger just sayin ;)

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 10:09 AM, 32hammer said:

Stranger thangs have happened than a 1st round upset

If I were coaching/parenting for the other team I would focus on each kid simply doing the best they can, every play. They may not win, but they might have a moment that lasts a lifetime. What if you put  a hit on kid who ends up in the NFL and years later says it was the hardest he was ever hit. What if you break a tackle from a future SEC LB? What if your block leads to the a score on a team that didn't give up a point in 3A all year?

What if at your 20 year reunion your teammates, your brothers tell your kids about the great game you had against a 4 X defending state champion team.?

I see this as an opportunity for each kid to become a local legend.  Everything is impossible until someone does it.  Think about telling your 4 year-old son that you stopped the NFL running back you guys are watching on TV from crossing the goal line on 4th and 1!

While I agree that there are too many classifications and too many teams make the playoffs, these seniors, if the live to be 100, will never get to play HS football again.  Every game you get to play is a gift. What you decide to do with the opportunity is up to you.

Or think how one of WG players could be in the can at Walmart right before lunch and someone comes in and goes to the can and they start talking about crap and it makes him think back to the time they rode that bus to Alcoa to play a game and he got the crap knocked out of him.Only thing was,he didn't remember who hit him that hard but knew that was the best crap he had ever had and told his kids and grandkids about.

3 hours ago, Devilsx5 said:

I will give WG credit they blocked their tails off against Carroll 

He only played a qtr and a half. Plus, Alcoa gave #7 the night off to heal up. A lot of younger players got some good playing time and did great.

#14 passed the ball well.

#5, #8, #4 , #40 , #13 &  #17 had some great plays offensively.