ROUND ONE : OR at SODDY

bonkers

13 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

They are pretty balanced overall. Against Rhea they ran it more against us. Against Bradley they threw it more and Walker Valley they were very balanced. They are not as pass happy this year compared to past years under Coach Barnes. 

That's good to hear because we are awful at stopping the pass.Thanks for the info

Yes, they ran the ball well against Rhea this year and didn’t throw near as much as in the past under Barnes. Maynor is a good ball player and he will hurt you if you let him. And if the Wildcats have problems defending the pass you can bet Barnes will try to exploit it cause they can throw it around.

That being said I’m still not sold on Soddy because Rhea played pretty awful in that game. I think if Oak Ridge shows up focused and ready to play they will get the win.

Well, take away that fumble return for a TD and that long KO return for SD and this game is probably a rout. It’s football though and those things happen. Good win, but sucks that Gibbons got hurt. Gaddis said postgame he will probably play next week at West, but probably won’t be 100%. Really need to shore up the tackling and coverage in the secondary or West will torch us. Those 2 TDS they got on those long passes was awful D by the secondary. We got the victory though and that’s all that matters. No offense to SD, but it’s hard to believe they won that region, they are a mediocre team at best. No offense to their kids, they try really hard, but goes to show how weak that region they play in is if they were the #1 seed to come out of it. 

Edited by SweetScience

Like I said earlier Rhea played really bad against Soddy but that’s the way it goes, sometimes you show up to play and sometimes you don’t. I think offensively Soddy had a better team last season than this one. Congrats to the Wildcats on the victory.

Edited by RCfan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RCfan said:

Like I said earlier Rhea played really bad against Soddy but that’s the way it goes, sometimes you show up to play and sometimes you don’t. I think offensively Soddy had a better team last season than this one. Congrats to the Wildcats on the victory.

Thanks RC. Y'all drubbed Fulton, the team that beat us, while y'all lost to SD. Go figure, huh? HS football can be a weird game, for sure. Congrats to the Eagles. Still trying hard to figure out how we managed to lose to Fulton.

Edited by SweetScience

Well Sweets if our guys would learn to wrap up when they make a tackle, it would help. And don't want to harp on it too much but our kicker needs to be more dependable. And extra point is kinda like a free throw in basketball you shouldn't never miss either one. Where did I get that?  Coach Nick Orlando. and if you touch the ball on a pass you better catch it. Or it was paddle time then laps.

We did win so on to the Mighty West Rebels, shore hope they don't hurt our little ole sickly , skinny under feb boys.

But we still got:

WILDCAT PRIDE

3 minutes ago, bounder said:

Well Sweets if our guys would learn to wrap up when they make a tackle, it would help. And don't want to harp on it too much but our kicker needs to be more dependable. And extra point is kinda like a free throw in basketball you shouldn't never miss either one. Where did I get that?  Coach Nick Orlando. and if you touch the ball on a pass you better catch it. Or it was paddle time then laps.

We did win so on to the Mighty West Rebels, shore hope they don't hurt our little ole sickly , skinny under feb boys.

But we still got:

WILDCAT PRIDE

Yeah, the tackling was atrocious at times in the secondary. Unfortunately, that has been a problem all year. Better get it worked on and worked on quick or the season will end in a hurry next week. 

Great win by the Cats.It was worth the drive and the cold.After watching this team preseason I didn't have much hope for even making the playoffs.So its even better that this young team didn't just make the playoffs but went on the road and won a playoff game.And I noticed again tonight that new guy number 56 is a good DT and was all over the place.We have a lot of good young skill guys so I think he is gonna be huge for the run to state in 2 years.RWR

9 hours ago, bounder said:

But we still got:

WILDCAT PRIDE

Pretty sure the average % made on extra points is about 80%.  So lets not get carried away with expectations.