Jeff Morris to be inducted into the TSSAA hall of fame

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

I will say from a rival this is VERY well deserved!

Coach Morris represented Milan with nothing but class at every stop. He is proven winner, leader, and a showcase for the town of Milan. 

Milan has gotten some things wrong over the years like every community, but they got it right when they named Morris the head ball coach a few decades ago. 

I do not know him personally but I have gotten the chance to meet him a few times and he was always very humble and kind to me. I hope that coach Morris has found happiness in his retirement. I also hope that the Milan community appreciates what kind of time and effort he put into the football program there. 

I suspect there will be a field house, locker room, press box, field, goalpost, score board, or something named in his honor. 

Again, from a hornet fan, CONGRATS WELL DESERVED! 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I will say from a rival this is VERY well deserved!

Coach Morris represented Milan with nothing but class at every stop. He is proven winner, leader, and a showcase for the town of Milan. 

Milan has gotten some things wrong over the years like every community, but they got it right when they named Morris the head ball coach a few decades ago. 

I do not know him personally but I have gotten the chance to meet him a few times and he was always very humble and kind to me. I hope that coach Morris has found happiness in his retirement. I also hope that the Milan community appreciates what kind of time and effort he put into the football program there. 

I suspect there will be a field house, locker room, press box, field, goalpost, score board, or something named in his honor. 

Again, from a hornet fan, CONGRATS WELL DESERVED! 

Thanks bro. much respect. 

• 2 weeks later...

He once said before a playoff game coming to Camden was his favorite place to coach a football game. He said it was the only place he ever coached where the fans were in the stands full force  to watch warm ups 3 hours before a game.  I think he just liked it because he barely ever lost to us... Either way well deserved 

Edited by Beagle

24 minutes ago, Beagle said:

He once said before a playoff game coming to Camden was his favorite place to coach a football game. He said it was the only place he ever coached where the fans were in the stands full force  to watch warm ups 3 hours before a game.  I think he just liked it because he barely ever lost to us... Either way well deserved 

His teams were always hard-nosed run straight at you kind of teams. Very physical and the players almost had a mean streak about them. I remember a regular season game at Camden probably a dozen years or so ago. Jabronski gilbert from Milan stiff armed a Camden guy to the ground on the first play and took it to the house. The stands were full before that game well before kickoff. Funny story I’ll have to tell you sometime Beagle is I almost got into a fist fight at that game with a couple of Camden fans. But Camden was very similar in a lot of ways in regards to style of play. Coach Morris’ players were well coached and well conditioned. They were tough to beat. We have lost that over the last few years. Hopefully we are going to be getting that back. 

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

His teams were always hard-nosed run straight at you kind of teams. Very physical and the players almost had a mean streak about them. I remember a regular season game at Camden probably a dozen years or so ago. Jabronski gilbert from Milan stiff armed a Camden guy to the ground on the first play and took it to the house. The stands were full before that game well before kickoff. Funny story I’ll have to tell you sometime Beagle is I almost got into a fist fight at that game with a couple of Camden fans. But Camden was very similar in a lot of ways in regards to style of play. Coach Morris’ players were well coached and well conditioned. They were tough to beat. We have lost that over the last few years. Hopefully we are going to be getting that back. 

Honestly, there is nothing more frustrating to a coach than having a team line straight up against you and running the ball directly at you. You know what they are going to do. It is no secret... They are going to run the football down hill and make you stop it. Unfortunately, most teams couldn't stop it.... Makes a coach pull his hair out! 

On 2/12/2020 at 2:18 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Every town has em.. I could more than likely guess the names of the guys you almost fought in 5 guesses! :P