Demetrius Davis

Guest rugrat

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does not run a 4.22, but he is fast. If he were in the 4.3 mark then D-1 teams would be talking to him. I have seen him run on many occasions. He could not outrun the kid from Alcoa last year or the year before. Until he runs a pro timed 4.3 he is still not even faster than a 4.4 runner. Never go by the coaches time stopwatch. Who's recruiting him?

[Edited by 4AFAN on 1-12-03 12:53P]

No where in either of my posts did I say that running a 4.22 in the 40 can't be done or that it is impossible for a high schooler to do so. What I did say was that there is no high schooler right now who can run a 4.22 in the 40. And I'm talking FAT, not a 40 timed by some high school football coach holding a 10 year old stop watch who believes that his best player is the fastest in the nation.

And peacemaker, it was actually Jim Ryun who was the first high schooler to break 4 minutes in the mile. Alan Webb has the record, but he completed the feat about 30 years after Ryun did.