Class 5A region 5

ItsFootball

4 hours ago, ItsFootball said:

With a few new coaches to the region, what is prediction for this region. Summit made the championship last year and have their two best players coming back with a few others.

Shelbyville

Page

Lincoln County

Columbia

Summit

Franklin County

Don’t know enough about what the top teams have coming back but I think Lincoln County and Franklin County will be fighting it out for last. 

On 8/7/2020 at 1:11 PM, ItsFootball said:

You think the new coaching staff will have Shelbyville playing at the same level? Also, who do you think is the top 5 players in the District are currently?

Shelbyville has assembled a heck of a coaching staff. This I know.  I wish them the best of luck from West TN.

I think Shelbyville has a lot of talent and will be very tough on offense. Defensively, we shall see. Other than Summit, I don't know if any of the other teams can score with them in this region. Summit is the obvious favorite for obvious reasons, but I kind of think these two teams will be a cut above the others. The battle for 3rd will be tight with Columbia and Page...could go either way. Columbia is stout on defense and Page lost a lot of talent. Lincoln County, in my opinion, has the least amount of talent and I'm guessing they go winless in the region. I'd pick Franklin County 5th...they have some experience and talent returning.

6 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

I think Shelbyville has a lot of talent and will be very tough on offense. Defensively, we shall see. Other than Summit, I don't know if any of the other teams can score with them in this region. Summit is the obvious favorite for obvious reasons, but I kind of think these two teams will be a cut above the others. The battle for 3rd will be tight with Columbia and Page...could go either way. Columbia is stout on defense and Page lost a lot of talent. Lincoln County, in my opinion, has the least amount of talent and I'm guessing they go winless in the region. I'd pick Franklin County 5th...they have some experience and talent returning.

Lincoln County has 1 real good player that I assume they will stick at qb. The rest is pretty average. 

14 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

Lincoln County has 1 real good player that I assume they will stick at qb. The rest is pretty average. 

Agree. They just don't have the overall talent or depth to compete, especially in a very talented region. My guess is that Fayetteville City now gets much of the talent that Lincoln County used to get, which has really crippled that program. It's hard to see any improvement since the overall talent level has dropped so much.

3 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Webb. The Allen brothers moved back to Fayetteville. Are there other players at LC that I am unaware of that will be big time difference makers this year?

No idea, was honestly asking.  Don't live in LC anymore.  Did know that Ardell's boys went back to City.

Edited by 86Falcon