Class 5A region 5

ItsFootball

1 hour ago, Raider2021 said:

Final 29 to 7 Shelbyville wins

Shelbyville is going to be just fine. They will keep getting better! They are big, strong, and fast...and a lot of younger guys are getting good experience now. Page goes to Shelbyville next week for a huge region game. I think this could be a big breakout game. 

22 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Shelbyville is going to be just fine. They will keep getting better! They are big, strong, and fast...and a lot of younger guys are getting good experience now. Page goes to Shelbyville next week for a huge region game. I think this could be a big breakout game. 

I don't think Page will be much of a challenge. They are way down this year.  I watched them online versus Fairview and they looked awful.  They were playing a ton of underclassman as well but theirs are not big or fast. 

14 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I don't think Page will be much of a challenge. They are way down this year.  I watched them online versus Fairview and they looked awful.  They were playing a ton of underclassman as well but theirs are not big or fast. 

Agree. And their win against a terrible Siegel team was unimpressive too. They basically lost their whole team and it has showed big time so far.

This Friday is going to be a lot of fun. All 3 regions game this week could potentially tell a lot about how things are going to shake out this season.

Page vs. Shelbyville has serious seeding implications on the line. Does Page win for the third straight year and give themselves a shot to three peat as region champs? Or does the new coaching staff at Shelbyville push them to a big win and the beginning of a new day in this region. 

Franklin County vs. Lincoln County is fun too. Brand new coaching staffs, new eras, and fresh starts for both of these programs. This could be the kind of win that allows one of them to jumpstart their season and maybe make a push for the playoffs. This could be just the beginning possibly. 

Even Columbia vs. Summit could be interesting to watch. Sure Summit is likely to win, but Columbia Central just playing a real competitive game just provides further evidence that they are improved this year. 

23 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

This Friday is going to be a lot of fun. All 3 regions game this week could potentially tell a lot about how things are going to shake out this season.

Page vs. Shelbyville has serious seeding implications on the line. Does Page win for the third straight year and give themselves a shot to three peat as region champs? Or does the new coaching staff at Shelbyville push them to a big win and the beginning of a new day in this region. 

Franklin County vs. Lincoln County is fun too. Brand new coaching staffs, new eras, and fresh starts for both of these programs. This could be the kind of win that allows one of them to jumpstart their season and maybe make a push for the playoffs. This could be just the beginning possibly. 

Even Columbia vs. Summit could be interesting to watch. Sure Summit is likely to win, but Columbia Central just playing a real competitive game just provides further evidence that they are improved this year. 

Agree completely. I like Shelbyville to win fairly easily at home...just too much talent and a continuing improving, well/coached team. Page will have a tough time scoring many points against their size and athleticism too. LC and FC is a complete toss up! The winner gets a step ahead at possibly sliding into the playoffs. If Columbia stays competitive with Summit, they are definitely for real. I just don’t think they can score enough points to hang for 4 quarters, but I could be wrong...Summit by a couple touchdowns. Gonna be a fun night!

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree completely. I like Shelbyville to win fairly easily at home...just too much talent and a continuing improving, well/coached team. Page will have a tough time scoring many points against their size and athleticism too. LC and FC is a complete toss up! The winner gets a step ahead at possibly sliding into the playoffs. If Columbia stays competitive with Summit, they are definitely for real. I just don’t think they can score enough points to hang for 4 quarters, but I could be wrong...Summit by a couple touchdowns. Gonna be a fun night!

Are both Wade boys healthy and playing?  If not then Summit is an average team