Jackson County at York

Vols4004

3 hours ago, Reynard said:

Exactly where were the devils at to get used to a ruckus crowd?  RBS?  Pickett Co.?  

A few hundred from Gainesboro?  a few hundred?  He!! fire son, there aint a few hundred IN Gainesboro.I know, I got kin in the Stone Community.

You might want to swing through the Dairy Queen there a pick up a hand full of them soda straws, Sure would make it easier for you to blow smoke up folks rears.  

JC may have a good team and may win, but iffin I'm a betting man...based on many years playing and watching the Dragons and watching JC some too,,,,,I know where I would put money. They are Just a different kind of athlete in them hills.  

If Fentress County hills produce a "different breed" of athletes, where are all the Gold Balls to show for it? The state's money doesn't buy championships. Betting against this Devils squad is pure nonsense. Please heed my advice. 

9 hours ago, Reynard said:

Exactly where were the devils at to get used to a ruckus crowd?  RBS?  Pickett Co.?  

A few hundred from Gainesboro?  a few hundred?  He!! fire son, there aint a few hundred IN Gainesboro.I know, I got kin in the Stone Community.

You might want to swing through the Dairy Queen there a pick up a hand full of them soda straws, Sure would make it easier for you to blow smoke up folks rears.  

JC may have a good team and may win, but iffin I'm a betting man...based on many years playing and watching the Dragons and watching JC some too,,,,,I know where I would put money. They are Just a different kind of athlete in them hills.  

Oh, the Devils went down to Jamestown, looking for a game to steal.

Steal one, they did, indeed. I had a hunch that Sean would have a game plan and he proved me right. Not even Mother Nature could stop these relentless warriors. Defense travels, ole son. Andrew Jackson would've been proud of his namesake county for traveling the mountain up to Jimtown and pitching a shutout. I couldn't have scripted it better myself.

I feel for Sale Creek, because they're next on the hit list. 

Jackson County ain't going anywhere.  

Easy there. Don't toot your own horn too much.  York gave JC every chance to run away with the game and JC couldn't. JC had 1 play that beat York. JC had no running game and #7 was petrified to be handed the ball. York had 5 practices with contact before the game. JC's QB is an accurate passer but York's secondary  shut down the EXPLOSIVE PLAYS. How JC couldn't capitalize on all the fumbles York put on the ground is baffling.  3 fumbles were even non contact fumbles. JC got lucky that York didn't execute that well. JC didn't "beat" York. Again, York beat York. 

13 hours ago, JCBlueDevilFan said:

If Fentress County hills produce a "different breed" of athletes, where are all the Gold Balls to show for it? The state's money doesn't buy championships. Betting against this Devils squad is pure nonsense. Please heed my advice. 

Lol, you must be pretty young or have never been to a high school football game until now cause York beat themselves. 

11 hours ago, JCBlueDevilFan said:

Steal one, they did, indeed. I had a hunch that Sean would have a game plan and he proved me right. Not even Mother Nature could stop these relentless warriors. Defense travels, ole son. Andrew Jackson would've been proud of his namesake county for traveling the mountain up to Jimtown and pitching a shutout. I couldn't have scripted it better myself.

I guess I owe you an apology. You were right .It seems Jackson County is a football powerhouse. Being such a football power I would have thought the county would have been named after BO Jackson, not Andrew. If the Devils keep  up this pace with beating Mother Nature and adding a traveling defense, they may have their 5th winning season to 20 years.

And you are probably right again…...Jackson County aint going anywhere.  

All jokes aside, It's been my experience, over a number of years, beating York, at York, isn't an easy task. Ill give JC credit for rising to that challenge. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 9:16 AM, JCBlueDevilFan said:

Jim Brown will beat you on the hardwood and Sean Loftis will beat you on the gridiron. Some things in this life are just a given. 

JC beat you on the court? Did you post this several years ago? They have won 2 or three games the last two years and are now one of the weakest girl's programs in the state. I hope they turn things around because 6A doesn't need weak teams.

21 hours ago, JCBlueDevilFan said:

York missed two weeks of practice and had they not fumbled at the goal line at the end, might have sent it into overtime. Had they played all game like they did in the last four minutes, when they easily went right down the field, it may have been a different game. Also, they need to give Gibson a break. He had a great game but when he has to run most of the plays, he'll get keyed on. They have other very good backs and should have given Cooper the ball and the others too...then Gibson most likely would have broken away for a few touchdowns. He is an outstanding player.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:59 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

York missed two weeks of practice and had they not fumbled at the goal line at the end, might have sent it into overtime. Had they played all game like they did in the last four minutes, when they easily went right down the field, it may have been a different game. Also, they need to give Gibson a break. He had a great game but when he has to run most of the plays, he'll get keyed on. They have other very good backs and should have given Cooper the ball and the others too...then Gibson most likely would have broken away for a few touchdowns. He is an outstanding player.

If my aunt was a man, she'd be my uncle. We can go all day with hypotheticals. York should consider themselves lucky that Sean didn't feel like running up the score. 

I don't think a Pickett County fan has any business speaking about football. Pickett County has fielded the most abysmal football teams that the Great State of Tennessee has ever witnessed. 

As for basketball, they will always play second fiddle compared to Jackson County. Heck, as much as I hate to say it, third fiddle behind Lamar. 

14 minutes ago, JCBlueDevilFan said:

If my aunt was a man, she'd be my uncle. We can go all day with hypotheticals. York should consider themselves lucky that Sean didn't feel like running up the score. 

I don't think a Pickett County fan has any business speaking about football. Pickett County has fielded the most abysmal football teams that the Great State of Tennessee has ever witnessed. 

As for basketball, they will always play second fiddle compared to Jackson County. Heck, as much as I hate to say it, third fiddle behind Lamar. 

Run up the score?! They got 6 turn overs and scored 8 points.  Granted they got the win but be real they had every chance in the world to put points on the board and managed 8.  They got the win but to say York is lucky is laughable.  Jackson County is lucky York literally laid the game on the ground for them.