Upperman @ DeKalb Co.

fritos4dayss

Is Upperman  Jr. loaded this year?  In few games I saw them last year thought QB was bulk of offense, what I saw from both QB's used last week didn't impress me too much on fb live, Do they use the DE at RB much this year?  Thought he looked like a solid kid i think #34 but not sure, think he was more of a spell guy on offense last year.  If hes not a beast back there I don't think they can match Dekalb's offense

10 hours ago, fritos4dayss said:

Is Upperman  Jr. loaded this year?  In few games I saw them last year thought QB was bulk of offense, what I saw from both QB's used last week didn't impress me too much on fb live, Do they use the DE at RB much this year?  Thought he looked like a solid kid i think #34 but not sure, think he was more of a spell guy on offense last year.  If hes not a beast back there I don't think they can match Dekalb's offense

The JR class is solid.  All of the TD';s tonight were JR's and So's.  They have some good seniors, but there's only eight of them.  #34 has lined up in the backfield us an up back a good bit, but I don't think he has gotten a carry in the first two games.  He's been great on D though. He's a JR.  They also started a FR on the D line and he did well.  

10 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

The JR class is solid.  All of the TD';s tonight were JR's and So's.  They have some good seniors, but there's only eight of them.  #34 has lined up in the backfield us an up back a good bit, but I don't think he has gotten a carry in the first two games.  He's been great on D though. He's a JR.  They also started a FR on the D line and he did well.  

Thought they might be, looked at roster this am online,  Upperman looked solid definitely more physical than DeKalb, can't help but feel like DeKalb is under-performing, no knock on Upperman they handled business and won which is all that matters, just felt like this year was a year DeKalb shouldn't have had any problems, physicality is gonna have to improve, so far #5 only one who has played both sides well imo.  Tigers picked it up late last year and that can happen again, hype for this year was through the roof though.

3 hours ago, fritos4dayss said:

Thought they might be, looked at roster this am online,  Upperman looked solid definitely more physical than DeKalb, can't help but feel like DeKalb is under-performing, no knock on Upperman they handled business and won which is all that matters, just felt like this year was a year DeKalb shouldn't have had any problems, physicality is gonna have to improve, so far #5 only one who has played both sides well imo.  Tigers picked it up late last year and that can happen again, hype for this year was through the roof though.

Dekalb has good size, speed and a QB that can throw. Lucky for us for us our defensive strengths matched well with Dekalb’s offense. I have heard Dekalb is picked to win their region and I hope that is true. No one should sleep on Dekalb because of an 0 and 2 start. Good luck Tigers with the rest of your season. 

4 hours ago, fritos4dayss said:

Right there with you.  With the run to the 4A quarters last year and what they have back, I felt like DeKalb was the favorite.  But the script was flipped a little bit.  Upperman made more splash plays scoring from 42, 58, and I believe the KO return was 70+ yards,  DeKalb drove the ball more.  I thought those roles would have been the other way around.  Both teams missed some opportunities, but I believe DeKalb missed more,  #5 is definitely a player.  Still got everything in front of you, but looks like it could be a dog fight with you guys, LA, MC, and SM in the region. Still don't know about CC, but they seem to be more competitive this year.  Good luck the rest of the way.

8 minutes ago, VictoryFormation said:

Right there with you.  With the run to the 4A quarters last year and what they have back, I felt like DeKalb was the favorite.  But the script was flipped a little bit.  Upperman made more splash plays scoring from 42, 58, and I believe the KO return was 70+ yards,  DeKalb drove the ball more.  I thought those roles would have been the other way around.  Both teams missed some opportunities, but I believe DeKalb missed more,  #5 is definitely a player.  Still got everything in front of you, but looks like it could be a dog fight with you guys, LA, MC, and SM in the region. Still don't know about CC, but they seem to be more competitive this year.  Good luck the rest of the way.

Is the Upperman QB the same as last year or did that one grade?