Region 5-1A Starts

Who's the team to beat. Can't wait to see how everyone stacks up with each other next week. 

Moore County @ Cornersville

I'm taking Moore Co in this one. Coach white defense has played lights out and offense has several weapons to spread the ball around and we are  playing 4 quarters vs last year being ahead in several games and getting beat at end of games. I think Moore Co will surprise some folks this season. 

Fayetteville City at Huntland 

I take Huntland in this one. I think Stewart will have a big night. 

Mt Pleasant at Richland 

I'm going with richland in this one. 

Edited by Raider2021

47 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

i think this is moore co's year. cornersville huntland winner is other playoff team. fayetteville is good but a step below those 3. 

I hope you are correct. We have not been tested yet but we will starting defense has only gave up 3 first downs in two games and offense could score at anytime they want against community. Adding the White Brothers from Knoxville catholic has really helped this group and coach white got some more good athletes to come out and made football fun for them. Ready to see how we compete in our region this year. 

3 hours ago, Raider2021 said:

Who's the team to beat. Can't wait to see how everyone stacks up with each other next week. 

Moore County @ Cornersville

I'm taking Moore Co in this one. Coach white defense has played lights out and offense has several weapons to spread the ball around and we are  playing 4 quarters vs last year being ahead in several games and getting beat at end of games. I think Moore Co will surprise some folks this season. 

Fayetteville City at Huntland 

I take Huntland in this one. I think Stewart will have a big night. 

Mt Pleasant at Richland 

I'm going with richland in this one. 

I think this first week of region games is really going to give us a good idea of what everyone has. 

Moore Co over Cornersville 

Huntland over Fayetteville (hope I am wrong)

Mt Pleasant over Richland 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

i think this is moore co's year. cornersville huntland winner is other playoff team. fayetteville is good but a step below those 3. 

I am a Fayetteville fan and want to give you reasons that you are wrong but after watching the first 2 games and hearing how the others have played, I would tend to agree with you. Having said that, Fayetteville does have really good young talent and if they can figure out how to put it all together I think they could contend for the top...just not with what I have seen so far. 

49 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

I hope you are correct. We have not been tested yet but we will starting defense has only gave up 3 first downs in two games and offense could score at anytime they want against community. Adding the White Brothers from Knoxville catholic has really helped this group and coach white got some more good athletes to come out and made football fun for them. Ready to see how we compete in our region this year. 

From all the Moore Co people I have talked to they think this is the best team in a long time. I will be interested to see how they look against Cornersville. If they treat them the same way they did their first 2 opponents, they will be ready to start reserving seats on the state championship bus down at Woodards. 

40 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

From all the Moore Co people I have talked to they think this is the best team in a long time. I will be interested to see how they look against Cornersville. If they treat them the same way they did their first 2 opponents, they will be ready to start reserving seats on the state championship bus down at Woodards. 

I would have to agree with the ones you've talked too. Coach White is doing a great job and these guys are ready 

Toss up between Corntown, MC and Hunt. Stewart & Johnson from Huntland are a lethal combo on both sides of the ball. Not sure how Johnson wasnt picked by coaching staff to be Allstate candidate? Kid has more god given talent than anyone on team. Stewarts' toughness, heart and skill is unmatched. Kid plays like a grown A** man. Seen film of MC and they are legit on defense and their offense is getting in the groove. Cashion & company have deadly speed and skill. Not had a chance to see Corn yet but did coach against their Jr & So classes in MS. Straight dogs in both classes. Should be fun to watch this year.

Edited by phil24