Week 4 - Oak Ridge @ Farragut

CardinalGrey

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

Since 2012 OR and Farragut are at an even 4-4 in the games played between them. Can’t get any closer than that. This game has always been my favorite one during the season, even going back as a youngster. Lots of great games and memories through the years.

It's a fun game for both schools and fan bases and a game each team/community hates to lose. Since Farragut has a bigger stadium than HVA, I wonder if OR will get more tickets?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bonkers said:

It's a fun game for both schools and fan bases and a game each team/community hates to lose. Since Farragut has a bigger stadium than HVA, I wonder if OR will get more tickets?

I thought I heard someone say Farragut dont give the visitors many tickets.Seems like Gaddis even said something about it.At least its on TV if we cant get in

56 minutes ago, bounder said:

Seems like I heard 150 tickets for sale at the food court , not very many. And I stand by my statement about too many dropped passes and Gibbons not having enough time.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I only remember Gibbons having one incomplete pass all night long and he wasn't sacked at all, although he was hurried a time or two. Did you attend the OR vs CC game or were you at the wrong game?

Where’s the Blue Bloods fans at?? How good is Farragut this year? I know they got beat pretty good by West, but as we all know, West might end up being the class of 5A this season. I also heard Coach EC said the Admirals had some ST breakdowns that made the score a little bit more lopsided than it should’ve been. How are y’all feeling about this game?  I hate to say, but I think Farragut has a slight advantage being able to prepare for us 2 weeks and with the game being @ Farragut. Hope I end up being wrong though.

Edited by SweetScience

4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Where’s the Blue Bloods fans at?? How good is Farragut this year? I know they got beat pretty good by West, but as we all know, West might end up being the class of 5A this season. I also heard Coach EC said the Admirals had some ST breakdowns that made the score a little bit more lopsided than it should’ve been. How are y’all feeling about this game?  I hate to say, but I think Farragut has a slight advantage being able to prepare for us 2 weeks and with the game being @ Farragut. Hope I end up being wrong though.

If Farragut is going to have any success offensively against Oak Ridge, they must start with managing the snap from center better than they did against West. Low snaps and mishandled snaps, particularly in the second half were just killers. Farragut has some playmakers at receiver, but the QB is going to have a hard time getting the ball to them if he is chasing the football while it is bouncing around the backfield.

Special teams breakdowns led to 14 points for West, so that must get cleaned up.

Just my opinion, but also I believe Farragut has kids out of position - in addition to kids on the sideline that could help, but they haven’t been given an opportunity. I truly believe Farragut could benefit from a  different combination on the offensive line, along with a personnel change... or two.

Purcell is clearly the best option in the run game and for pass protection. However, he only had 3 carries against West (struggled with cramping again I was told, as he did against Bradley). If Purcell is not available, as he is also critical to the defense, I hope White will be able to offer a run threat at QB or at RB. If not, maybe Gibbs or Moses can get some reps. Williams runs hard, and he is a great story overcoming injury the way he has, but I just don’t see the vision, burst and elusiveness one would like to see in an every down back (hope he proves me wrong), particularly with the inexperience at O Line. A guy with speed who can make people miss can cover up a great many deficiencies in other areas. 

I also can’t help but think this is an interesting year to decide to make a switch from the 30 front. From a depth perspective, Farragut seems to have a decidedly greater number of options, with respect to body type, in the LB and DB positions than they do on D Line.

Moore can throw, but he will need protection and that is what makes me nervous. Farragut will definitely need to run the ball to keep the OR speed off the field... I just hope the O Line can come through. Moore can also run, but he doesn’t look entirely comfortable doing so yet. At any rate, execution will have to improve a great deal for the Admirals to beat OR. 

Good luck and ZERO injuries for both teams.

Edited by Former44

5 minutes ago, Former44 said:

If Farragut is going to have any success offensively against Oak Ridge, they must start with managing the snap from center better than they did against West. Low snaps and mishandled snaps, particularly in the second half were just killers. Farragut has some playmakers at receiver, but the QB is going to have a hard time getting the ball to them if he is chasing it while it is bouncing around the backfield.

Special teams breakdowns led to 14 points for West, so that must get cleaned up.

Just my opinion, but also I believe Farragut has kids out of position - in addition to kids on the sideline that could help, but they haven’t been given an opportunity. I truly believe Farragut could benefit from a  different combination on the offensive line, along with a personnel change... or two.

Purcell is clearly the best option in the run game and for pass protection. However, he only had 3 carries against West (struggled with cramping again I was told, as he did against Bradley). If Purcell is not available, as he is also critical to the defense, I hope White will be able to offer a run threat at QB or at RB. If not, maybe Gibbs or Moses can get some reps. Williams runs hard, and he is a great story overcoming injury the way he has, but I just don’t see the vision, burst and elusiveness one would like to see in an every down back (hope he proves me wrong), particularly with the inexperience at O Line. A guy with speed who can make people miss can cover up a great many deficiencies in other areas. 

I also can’t help but think this is an interesting year to decide to make a switch from the 30 front. From a depth perspective, Farragut seems to have a decidedly greater number of options, with respect to body type, in the LB and DB positions than they do on D Line.

Moore can throw, but he will need protection and that is what makes me nervous. Farragut will definitely need to run the ball to keep the OR speed off the field... I just hope the O Line can come through. Moore can also run, but he doesn’t look entirely comfortable doing so yet. At any rate, execution will have to improve a great deal for the Admirals to beat OR. 

Good luck and ZERO injuries for both teams.

Well dadgum, that’s a great breakdown. Always love reading your analysis, 44. You really know the game of football. If your OL play is up to par as it usually is, I think y’all will be able to protect pretty well. So far OR hasn’t been able to generate much pressure from the front 4, which worries me playing a team like Farragut who usually has a nice QB that can throw it. To generate pressure we are gonna have to blitz I’m afraid, which will give your wideouts some opportunities to make some plays. Overall, we are still pretty green on defense, even though I’ve been pretty pleased overall with their play. We have guys playing in different positions than they did last year. I do think they will be very good by years end though. It’s always interesting when the Wildcats and Admirals hook up, and I expect nothing less Thursday night. You can pretty much throw out the record books when these 2 tangle. Hope you’re well, 44.

REPORT CARD FOR THE CAMPBELL COUNTY GAME  (just watched the video on TV)

OFFENSIVE LINE - B+  Still a little too much pressure on the QB but a very good job overall by the OL

WR - A-  It would be an A+ except for another drop in the end zone. I thought they caught the ball and blocked well

RB - A+   I'm sure I'm the lone ranger but I liked #3 as good or better than #1. He's a natural runner with great vision, and I saw him pick up the blitz a time or two

QB - B+    He under threw a couple of deep balls and missed a wide open short route but was MUCH better than against DB

DEFENSIVE LINE - A+   They couldn't run the ball against us

LB - A    They couldn't run the ball a bit  but they had a little success throwing

DB - B   Even though it was a shutout the CC receivers got behind our DBs a couple of times

KICKING GAME - A    WE made all of our PATs, good kickoff coverage, good punts and coverage, we recovered a fumble on a kickoff

COACHING - A   The staff had them ready and corrected many mistakes made in the previous game

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Well dadgum, that’s a great breakdown. Always love reading your analysis, 44. You really know the game of football. If your OL play is up to par as it usually is, I think y’all will be able to protect pretty well. So far OR hasn’t been able to generate much pressure from the front 4, which worries me playing a team like Farragut who usually has a nice QB that can throw it. To generate pressure we are gonna have to blitz I’m afraid, which will give your wideouts some opportunities to make some plays. Overall, we are still pretty green on defense, even though I’ve been pretty pleased overall with their play. We have guys playing in different positions than they did last year. I do think they will be very good by years end though. It’s always interesting when the Wildcats and Admirals hook up, and I expect nothing less Thursday night. You can pretty much throw out the record books when these 2 tangle. Hope you’re well, 44.

Thank you. Hope things are well with you, SS. I know this has been an especially difficult year for families, fans, players and coaches alike. With limited practice, accompanied with all the precautionary protocol, I can only imagine how difficult it has been for coaches to evaluate, prepare, game plan, etc. 

• Like 1