Waverly travels to Fairview

vandyfan1

This is always a fun non-region game between two strong football programs in 2A and 3A.  Both teams will get better as a result of this game and go on to have solid seasons.  Here's to hoping for an injury free football game.  

How is #7 Dooley doing for Waverly?  I hope he is able to recover and return to the lineup soon.  

This is easily my favorite regular season game. Especially since our region has been so weak the last few years. Plus, being a long time bass fisherman and spending so much time there, I just love the town of Waverly. I have many, many great friends from there. It's a good town. 

I don't recall a game since 2013 that wasn't a battle for 4+ quarters. I fully expect that again Friday night. I'm thinking we got more size, speed, and experience on the field this year than the Tigers though and that will be the difference. 

34-21 Fairview Jackets!

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

This is always a fun non-region game between two strong football programs in 2A and 3A.  Both teams will get better as a result of this game and go on to have solid seasons.  Here's to hoping for an injury free football game.  

How is #7 Dooley doing for Waverly?  I hope he is able to recover and return to the lineup soon.  

I can't say it's always been a fun game for us because I can remember the days of  Fairview whipping us pretty regular but the past 6 years have been exciting for sure. I've not heard any news about Landon and I pray he will be OK. 

1 hour ago, Swarm said:

This is easily my favorite regular season game. Especially since our region has been so weak the last few years. Plus, being a long time bass fisherman and spending so much time there, I just love the town of Waverly. I have many, many great friends from there. It's a good town. 

I don't recall a game since 2013 that wasn't a battle for 4+ quarters. I fully expect that again Friday night. I'm thinking we got more size, speed, and experience on the field this year than the Tigers though and that will be the difference. 

34-21 Fairview Jackets!

Thanks Swarm, Waverly is a pretty good town to live in most of the time lol. This game for the past few years has been exciting for sure and I'm hoping for the same this year! Best I can remember y'all didn't loose many kids from last year and we lost several starters. This wasn't a good year to have new faces starting everywhere with no spring practice or summer scrimmages but it is what it is I guess. We show signs of a good team and then we show our inexperience and youth. 

Not sure how this one will go. From what I hear Fairview has a solid team but haven’t seen them play. 
Waverly is young but balanced on both sides of the ball. 
If the Waverly that showed up at Huntingdon shows up at Fairview, it could be ugly. I don’t think that happens. I expect Waverly to be ready to play. I’ll say this Fairview team might be the best team we face so far this year and possibly all regular season.

Always love this match up. Hopefully it continues its legacy of a great game between these two!

Any word on tickets or fan limitations at Fairview??

14 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Not sure how this one will go. From what I hear Fairview has a solid team but haven’t seen them play. 
Waverly is young but balanced on both sides of the ball. 
If the Waverly that showed up at Huntingdon shows up at Fairview, it could be ugly. I don’t think that happens. I expect Waverly to be ready to play. I’ll say this Fairview team might be the best team we face so far this year and possibly all regular season.

Always love this match up. Hopefully it continues its legacy of a great game between these two!

Any word on tickets or fan limitations at Fairview??

@Swarm