Lake County @ Westview

TipToe421

17 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Can anyone tell me what LC is returning this year? 

I have them as a Top 5 team, but I need a little more information as a drive to Tiptonville to evaluate is not happening. Last time I saw them play was in Cookeville last year. 

Lost a lot.Not the team as last year at all.Last year they could pound it as well as speed with Tubbs.Not as strong on defense or offense but nobody expects them to be..But they are ok for a young team.Think next several years they will be dominant

1 minute ago, mrbigster said:

Lost a lot.Not the team as last year at all.Last year they could pound it as well as speed with Tubbs.Not as strong on defense or offense but nobody expects them to be..But they are ok for a young team.Think next several years they will be dominant

Who are the players to watch this year?

I remember seeing Snyder put on a show in Cookeville. Lots of energy with that one. I know missing him hurts. 

2 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I think their defense may be better this year. Lake county struggled with Dresden. Westview is better than Dresden at least that’s how I see it 

Westview may very well win the game but don't go by the Dresden game. The game was not as close as the score. 400 yards of offense to 110 for Dresden. LC kept Dresden in the game with alot of penalties and missed opportunities. Dresden scored twice at the end of game on very short field. LC is very young and are getting better everyday. New coach somewhat of a new system to learn. No fall scrimmages and lost two games due to Corona. LC didn't have very much time to get the young guys the reps needed. The Westview game will not be an indication to the LC season. LC against 1A competition will be fine. Very possible a trip to the semifinals for these very young falcons. 

5 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Who are the players to watch this year?

I remember seeing Snyder put on a show in Cookeville. Lots of energy with that one. I know missing him hurts. 

No dominate player.I figure they lost about 8 or 9 players each way.Qb play has been ok.Couple to 3 very young rbs.One a junior and probably the best rb is a soph.Have a freshman qb that would start most anywhere.But have him behind a senior.Some coaches would maybe start the freshman and have 4 years and move qb at another spot .Nothing against qb as hes playing well and throwing the ball very well.Just saying the freshman is talented.But I dont see a player a defense can focus on.Not this year.Just my opinion.So before I get hammered,not saying freshman qb should be starting.Just hes talented and some see some coaches making that choice.But can also see the wb starting now as younger wb may be a year away.Qb is playing very well.Just too many penalties so far.But freshman qb should be special next few years as he grows

1 minute ago, mrbigster said:

No dominate player.I figure they lost about 8 or 9 players each way.Qb play has been ok.Couple to 3 very young rbs.One a junior and probably the best rb is a soph.Have a freshman qb that would start most anywhere.But have him behind a senior.Some coaches would maybe start the freshman and have 4 years and move qb at another spot .Nothing against qb as hes playing well and throwing the ball very well.Just saying the freshman is talented.But I dont see a player a defense can focus on.Not this year.Just my opinion.So before I get hammered,not saying freshman qb should be starting.Just hes talented and some see some coaches making that choice.But can also see the wb starting now as younger wb may be a year away.Qb is playing very well.Just too many penalties so far.But freshman qb should be special next few years as he grows

How do you guys look up front?

I've seen freshman QBs do crazy things. 2014 Parker McKinney from Coalfield comes to mind.

On 9/19/2020 at 3:05 PM, PeabodyPride said:

Westview played nobody that had any pass protection once so ever !!! But Time will tell ! I get it Covington is really good but come in they didn't even fight rolled over and died for em ! You can't tell me otherwise ! And if your players quit because they get punched in the mouth by ANYONE and quit cancel your season !! 

Westview for years seems to quit, Pride and me watched 3 LC games live last year and the young players was big and fast,I think they get a win this week,I don't do score predictions and think it will be tight till the end of the game .

29 minutes ago, Goldentidefanatic said:

Westview for years seems to quit, Pride and me watched 3 LC games live last year and the young players was big and fast,I think they get a win this week,I don't do score predictions and think it will be tight till the end of the game .

Westview line got exposed against Covington, but who’s wouldn’t? They are really good. I seen LC play in Cookeville last year and the guys that returned for them are good players. I’m still on the fence about it, but I’m starting to lean towards to LC 

38 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Westview line got exposed against Covington, but who’s wouldn’t? They are really good. I seen LC play in Cookeville last year and the guys that returned for them are good players. I’m still on the fence about it, but I’m starting to lean towards to LC 

Westview is the favorite no doubt. Covington line is probably on another level than LC this year. LC line is young. I am just looking for improvement this week and every week. Regardless of the outcome of this game LC will be just fine against 1A competition. I am worried that Simpson will expose a young but talented LC secondary. LC needs to run the ball and control the clock. LC can throw the ball and it seems that LC throws the ball more this year than last. LC must clean up the penalties on both sides of the ball. To many drive killers and to many keeping drives alive for the opponents. Westview has a big advantage in the special teams. LC can win this game but must play their most complete game of the year on this young season. Win or lose the Falcons will learn alot.