Midway at Tellico Plains

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I would bet Midway,Coalfield either one.Our region is better top to bottom.SP being the only one in that region that is heads and tails above any 1A team over here.Basin doesnt play anyone other than Pitt,so it's hard to say how good they are.Region 2 usually has 2 or 3 teams that are pretty good.

I wish Basin and Greenback played each other every year. Greenback is the closest 1A school to Basin by a long shot, I think its just 43 miles away. Basin is so far from everyone else its tough. That's why they play so many NC and GA schools usually. Plus our little league grows up playing in the GA and NC leagues so that's who they like to play. 

13 minutes ago, Narco said:

I wish Basin and Greenback played each other every year. Greenback is the closest 1A school to Basin by a long shot, I think its just 43 miles away. Basin is so far from everyone else its tough. That's why they play so many NC and GA schools usually. Plus our little league grows up playing in the GA and NC leagues so that's who they like to play. 

We used to play quiet a bit.CB was tough when I played,Real tough!

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

We used to play quiet a bit.CB was tough when I played,Real tough!

We don't have a history of making it to the State Championship but we usually field a team that's not afraid to get hit or put a hit on someone. We have had some good teams over the years. I think they have a solid team this year if we can stay healthy and continue to play as a team. Do you think GB will bounce back next year? I haven't seen any of y'alls games this year but have been reading your post about being down this year. 

15 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I would bet Midway,Coalfield either one.Our region is better top to bottom.SP being the only one in that region that is heads and tails above any 1A team over here.Basin doesnt play anyone other than Pitt,so it's hard to say how good they are.Region 2 usually has 2 or 3 teams that are pretty good.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Basin hang 56 on a Tellico team that previously AND since has yet to let anyone else score a touchdown?

46 minutes ago, Fightingscot92 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Basin hang 56 on a Tellico team that previously AND since has yet to let anyone else score a touchdown?

And????Tellico isnt a good team by no means.The teams they have beat may be some of the worst in East Tenn just to be honest.I like Tellico and would love to see them wins some big games.

Edited by orngnblk

Due to the Coalfield/Gordy game being cancelled, I will be going to this one to evaluate the Green Wave. I'm a big fan of their OC. He's a younger coach that does things the right way and has great potential.

I can easily see them finishing 2nd, with a small possibility of 1st in Region 2. 

I'm taking Midway by at least 2 scores and will share my thoughts here. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Due to the Coalfield/Gordy game being cancelled, I will be going to this one to evaluate the Green Wave. I'm a big fan of their OC. He's a younger coach that does things the right way and has great potential.

I can easily see them finishing 2nd, with a small possibility of 1st in Region 2. 

I'm taking Midway by at least 2 scores and will share my thoughts here. 

Midway played Rockwood to overtime. It wouldn't surprise me to see Miday run away with it.

• Upvote 1

On 9/23/2020 at 1:47 AM, orngnblk said:

And????Tellico isnt a good team by no means.The teams they have beat may be some of the worst in East Tenn just to be honest.I like Tellico and would love to see them wins some big games.

Just an interesting fact, and a hypothesis to be tested tonight.

Sonny Moore: Tellico vs Region 2

Coalfield: Jackets 2 scores

Midway: Wave by 1 score

Oliver Springs: Bears 1 score

Harriman: Bears 1 score

Greenback: Cherokees 1 score

Sunbright: Bears 3 scores

Oakdale: Bears 3 scores

They claim only 1 team in Region 2 is good enough to rout Tellico (I disagree, but we will see.)

14 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Just an interesting fact, and a hypothesis to be tested tonight.

Sonny Moore: Tellico vs Region 2

Coalfield: Jackets 2 scores

Midway: Wave by 1 score

Oliver Springs: Bears 1 score

Harriman: Bears 1 score

Greenback: Cherokees 1 score

Sunbright: Bears 3 scores

Oakdale: Bears 3 scores

They claim only 1 team in Region 2 is good enough to rout Tellico (I disagree, but we will see.)

I see Midway beating Tellico by a touchdown or two!!