Baylor vs McCallie.......Here we go again

D23A

Barring unforeseen circumstances within the next 6 days, the two foes will collide once again on the gridiron, this time being played at Finley Stadium in Chattanooga. This game, just like last year's, seems to have huge playoff implications in terms of seeding. The loser of this game may be seeking to hit I-24 for the first round of the playoffs while the winner may be enjoying that round at home. Doesn't matter who you root for, this years game is looking to be as good as last year's thriller.

Looking forward to the next 6 days on this thread.....

Edited by D23A

I'm going with McCallie on this one.  I saw the BA vs McCallie game and liked the defense from both....well...run defense.  I haven't seen Baylor, but the close score against Ensworth leaves me leaning against them.  However, if Baylor wins, it will be the QB and not the RB who has an exceptional game.  Again, I wasn't impressed with McCallie's pass defense and I think the Baylor QB has an advantage over the BA quaterback.  Should be a good game; wish I was in Chattanooga to see it.

McCallie WR #11 had a monster game against Baylor last year. 200 yards receiving. Also had a really impressive touchdown catch in a game I called down there last year.

I haven't seen enough of either school in 2020 to make any educated predictions.

Looks like Sinclair will air the game on local TV in Chattanooga, which means it should stream online.

8 hours ago, oldwiseone said:

McCallie coasts to a 33-14 win. Sadly, McCallie may have lost it's best receiver and playmaker (Eric Rivers) to an injury.

Found it strange that Baylor used Elijah Howard at WR for most of the game instead of RB. He almost defeated McCallie last year on his own at RB.

5_Peat. GBB.

I typically do not do much 2nd guessing of coaches, however...

Howard was one of the top 5 players I watched in DII-AAA last year.

On 10/3/2020 at 8:18 AM, JRB said:

I typically do not do much 2nd guessing of coaches, however...

Howard was one of the top 5 players I watched in DII-AAA last year.

#2 has had ankle injury all year. Not an excuse just a fact, been gimpy week in week out all year. Blue game planned perfectly though in all aspects defensively, and played as soundly as they could. Congrats. 

On 10/2/2020 at 11:18 PM, oldwiseone said:

McCallie coasts to a 33-14 win. Sadly, McCallie may have lost it's best receiver and playmaker (Eric Rivers) to an injury.

Found it strange that Baylor used Elijah Howard at WR for most of the game instead of RB. He almost defeated McCallie last year on his own at RB.

5_Peat. GBB.

Both teams lost tons of pieces on both sides of the ball. The game seemed to move a lot slower without Rivers and Howard playing 4 quarters.

Turners School definately has the handle on Big Dog of Chattanooga right now....and possible even the Chattanooga area....

....with the talent level of RB's at TN and the level of ones coning into knoxville when he arrives.....if he stays committed to them.....and the lack of desire for ground and pound....a slot position is for sure more suited...

.....kinda the route of Rogers when he left Catholic North for Clemson

Booger just sayin:mrgreen:

4 hours ago, Booger said:

Turners School definately has the handle on Big Dog of Chattanooga right now....and possible even the Chattanooga area....

....with the talent level of RB's at TN and the level of ones coning into knoxville when he arrives.....if he stays committed to them.....and the lack of desire for ground and pound....a slot position is for sure more suited...

.....kinda the route of Rogers when he left Catholic North for Clemson

Booger just sayin:mrgreen:

I thought they were looking at him for DB and not RB?

On 10/5/2020 at 12:54 PM, PurplePanther said:

I thought they were looking at him for DB and not RB?

possible Booger guessin.....UT took one of the best RB's to ever tote the swineskin in the volunteerin State quite a few years back from Jasper.....and made him a LB

...but that was a different coach with a different views

Booger just sayin :thumb: