Betsy vs Greeneville

BetsyCyclones16

On 10/17/2020 at 9:35 AM, B-Ball Fan said:

I'm a Greene Devil fan, and I've never understood having starters in the game when it's that far out of hand.  The point that BVDevil was making is one that I've questioned for years.  If you lose a starter in the 4th quarter of a game that you're winning by 35 or 40 points, you blow your chance at a championship.

I thought Ballard was terrible about playing starters too long in blow-out games, and Witten would look foolish if Hughes or Rollins goes down when they're up late in a 30-pt game.

I don't get it. In high school, polls don't mean anything when it comes to making a march toward a gold ball, so why try to win by 50?  For teams like Elizabethton and Greeneville, you've had the rankings, so it's no big deal.

Then why want yall posting about it when ballard was doing.Ill tell you why y'all want. Cause it was you're team doing it. If greeneville would have done it last night. Nothing is said. Get the heck out of here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I see.To be honest I've not been keeping up with a lot of the back and forth stuff.I personally have always given Elizabethton their due and call it how I see it.Several of the posters from Elizabethton are the same.Take Lawnman as a good example of that.Now I know there are a few Devil fans that have given it out over the years and better be able to take it now.I've got a lot of ties to the Elizabethton area with my in-laws and know a lot of fine people from most parts of town and Carter county alike.What is it the sign says going up towards my mother-in-law's home place in Stoney Creek.If you kill one of ours and so on.Anyway, one of my boys  is named after the Taylor family up that way and I respect the toughness that comes out of your county.Part of my wife's family is on that war monument in town .Our communities are much the same and it's fitting that the sports programs have been very competitive over the years.

Agree 100% and the Cyclones are better because they seen what it took to beat a team like Greeneville.I love Betsy and everyone on coacht knows that but we have one gold ball and the Devils have four.Enough said!!

7 hours ago, jjm70 said:

Witten is a better coach than Ballard and always have been.  Only reason Ballard won ball games is because he had D1 athletes on that team. Isn’t Albright sitting on the bench at UT because he couldn’t snap the ball to the punter during the SC game?

haha thanks for the laugh jjm.......good luck to witten and the cyclones the rest of the way.

15 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Agree 100% and the Cyclones are better because they seen what it took to beat a team like Greeneville.I love Betsy and everyone on coacht knows that but we have one gold ball and the Devils have four.Enough said!!

lawnman, i wish more people on coacht were like you....MYSELF included at times. I lost my temper on here for the first time in 11 years doing this this weekend and my appologies to everyone for that. im 53 now, not 23.....when i was 23, i wouldnt have lost my temper, i would have probably lost my freedom. the betsy folks are a fine bunch and truth be told, just like us here in g'vegas...

7 hours ago, jjm70 said:

Witten is a better coach than Ballard and always have been.  Only reason Ballard won ball games is because he had D1 athletes on that team. Isn’t Albright sitting on the bench at UT because he couldn’t snap the ball to the punter during the SC game?

jjm, can you put your  betsy bias aside here for a second, like i have done my devil bias in my last few p osts......ask yourself this sir....would you rather y our son be sitting on the bench at Tennessee on scholly, or be startig  at pigsknuckle state comm college in somewhere arkansas?? be truthful please...having asked this q uestion, i will say this....if i had a kid riding the pines at UT or starting at blah blah state comm college i would be proud as heck for either one.

1 minute ago, BVDevil said:

lawnman, i wish more people on coacht were like you....MYSELF included at times. I lost my temper on here for the first time in 11 years doing this this weekend and my appologies to everyone for that. im 53 now, not 23.....when i was 23, i wouldnt have lost my temper, i would have probably lost my freedom. the betsy folks are a fine bunch and truth be told, just like us here in g'vegas...

Again I agree 100% and BVD we all get mad and lose our temper and you don’t have to apologize for it.Our fans love our teams and community and we our a lot alike and like I have said on here before the devils have been the team for years that set the standard for what it takes if you want to win a state championship.Two great programs in East Tennessee.

when ballard was blowing teams out ev ery friday night, the starters always got pulled....occasionally, the starters played the firs series or two of the third quarter but then they were pulled. i cant speak for every single blowout cause there were so many of them. its hard to ask your starters to p lay a half of football 12 games a year and expect them to stay game conditioned for a late playoff and state champ run.....i dont know if witten does this in all blowouts or not. i would like to think not, but  i can only speak for friday night...i am now done with this topic and moving on. if some of you people dont understand why this is a very idiotic thing for a coach to do...ANY COACH, then you probably need to stop watching football, and latch on to another sport....like maybe golf.....which i suck at by the way

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Again I agree 100% and BVD we all get mad and lose our temper and you don’t have to apologize for it.Our fans love our teams and community and we our a lot alike and like I have said on here before the devils have been the team for years that set the standard for what it takes if you want to win a state championship.Two great programs in East Tennessee.

i do need to and have appologized for saying the things i said in my friday LIVE stream when Trenton was watching.....in my stream tonight at 8 im going to revisit that appology and make it again. Lawnman, i hope im still welcome at CB stadium if we make the 3rd round.