Betsy vs Greeneville

BetsyCyclones16

3 minutes ago, lawnman said:

I will be there supporting this team and community just like I have for the last 40 years.

Same here, except it's a little easier because the expectation for Boone is to just get a playoff game, to us that is the equivalent of the state title and then we get the roundballs out.......

My take-aways from seeing this game:

1-Greeneville is mediocre.  We thought that after the first 2 losses, but a 4-game win streak against covid and bad teams built too much hope.  The defense is porous, and the offense is non-existent. The quarterbacks are young, but if there is no passing threat, it's not going to be pretty against any good team.

2-Elizabethton is a good team, but not great.  This game was closer than the score indicated.  The play that turned the game was the overthrown/lucky touchdown pass in the 3rd quarter.  Greeneville had finally made a stop, and you felt like the game would be tight to the end.  After this touchdown, it was over.

3-For years, I've watched Witten's theatrics on the sideline and thought he was somewhat petulant.  Seems like he cancelled the GHS-EHS series several years ago, but I may be wrong.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I always felt that Ballard kept his starters in the games too long, but he never acted like a fool on the sidelines.  Witten doesn't seem to get any more mature as he ages.  

2 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Same here, except it's a little easier because the expectation for Boone is to just get a playoff game, to us that is the equivalent of the state title and then we get the roundballs out.......

Blazer I am enjoying and soaking this team’s success all I can because we may never have a team to compare to what these young men have accomplished the last two years.

58 minutes ago, SpreadAttack said:

Band can’t stay due to covid regulations you buffon

They stay at Betsy and play during the game ya Buffon? (It’s buffoon lol)

1 hour ago, SpreadAttack said:

Thank you bvdevil!!! No sportsmanship from Witten whatsoever. Stomping and screaming all over the sidelines and staring over at our sideline please get a grip and act like you’ve been there before and take your dang starters out the game was clearly over!!

cry those sweet green tears.  To be honest I wish we could have 50 pieced you guys.  Your lucky to have even found pay dirt once due to missed tackles on kick cover.

42 minutes ago, B-Ball Fan said:

My take-aways from seeing this game:

1-Greeneville is mediocre.  We thought that after the first 2 losses, but a 4-game win streak against covid and bad teams built too much hope.  The defense is porous, and the offense is non-existent. The quarterbacks are young, but if there is no passing threat, it's not going to be pretty against any good team.

2-Elizabethton is a good team, but not great.  This game was closer than the score indicated.  The play that turned the game was the overthrown/lucky touchdown pass in the 3rd quarter.  Greeneville had finally made a stop, and you felt like the game would be tight to the end.  After this touchdown, it was over.

3-For years, I've watched Witten's theatrics on the sideline and thought he was somewhat petulant.  Seems like he cancelled the GHS-EHS series several years ago, but I may be wrong.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I always felt that Ballard kept his starters in the games too long, but he never acted like a fool on the sidelines.  Witten doesn't seem to get any more mature as he ages.  

What game did you watch guy????  This game was not close at all.  
He is only a fool to you bc your feelings got hurt.  If the roles were reversed you wouldn’t care.  His “theatrics” are solely to pump his team up bc he loves what he does.  Call it what you want.  Now wipe your eyes and go sit in your room til you can act like a big boy.

10 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

They stay at Betsy and play during the game ya Buffon? (It’s buffoon lol)

cry those sweet green tears.  To be honest I wish we could have 50 pieced you guys.  Your lucky to have even found pay dirt once due to missed tackles on kick cover.

Wish we could hung 90 on them all they do is cry like the idiots they are 

1 minute ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Imagine being a team with 4 state titles in the past 10 years and calling themselves “title-town” and then late Friday night cry bc our coach was jacked and our team left the starters in too long.  

Personally love to see a hype coach. He can relate to players a whole lot easier.  They talk like Greeneville wouldnt have tore down the goal posts if they won LOL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Imagine being a team with 4 state titles in the past 10 years and calling themselves “title-town” and then late Friday night cry bc our coach was jacked and our team left the starters in too long.  

Come to the real title town. kingsport. (region title town....sometimes) One day we will get a gold ball lol. If the Lord doesnt come back by then

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

What game did you watch guy????  This game was not close at all.  
He is only a fool to you bc your feelings got hurt.  If the roles were reversed you wouldn’t care.  His “theatrics” are solely to pump his team up bc he loves what he does.  Call it what you want.  Now wipe your eyes and go sit in your room til you can act like a big boy.

Why do you assume I'm a guy?  Since I was in the stands at Burley Stadium, I think I was watchiing Greeneville vs. Elizabethton.  Seems like you know quite bit, so maybe you can elighten me on the game that I watched.  Were you there?  If you don't think this was a close game up until the overthrown tocuhdown, you are clearly watching with orange colored blinders. 

From your comments, I can clearly ascertain that reading comprehension is not your strongest attribute(at least I hope it isn't). If you read my previous 2 posts, I CLEARLY stated that I thought Ballard was wrong in doing it as well.  Is that what you mean when you say "if the roles were reversed".  

Please tell me when I can leave my room.  You're a real keyboard tough-guy aren't you.  I'll bet you are a terror playing video fotball games.