Catholic vs Knox West

AllVol2012

Just now, sportsguy22 said:

“Beating their chest”? What does this even mean?? From a neutral observer, this seems like a great game for two nearby schools to schedule, especially when it’s forced to do so quickly. It draws a lot of fan interest, the players will love it, and it should be a great, competitive game! It also will be a perfect prep game for West heading towards the playoffs and a very possible run to Cookeville. I see zero harm. Nothing but positive, especially during a wild and crazy year. Makes total sense. Well done by both schools!!

It is a great game to schedule in week 4.....but with 3 weeks to go begore playoffs, West has to much to lose if anyone gets injured.  Like I said Catholic most likely doesnt make the playoffs so for them the risk is a lot less.  No doubt it is going to be a good game, and I am glad they scheduled it.  JMO that it is to late in the season for West, to much at stake.  IMO 

4 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

With 3 weeks until playoff time, West is stupid for taking this game.  They are already dinged up at multiple positions, and there is  no good that can come out of this game for West.  Catholic most likely wont make the playoffs so they don't care to play.  This is to late in the season for West to be beating there chest.   .  

I understand what you are saying, but you were the one talking about their schedule and how they haven’t played anybody like Powell had. Remember, the Panthers were tested and West had faced no adversity. Maybe this is there way to face some adversity. Now I wouldn’t necessarily choose Catholic but good on West for picking a game up after we couldn’t go. According to WH4L this was a chance for them to go 10-0 for the first time in their history in the regular season. That is definitely in question now. I don’t think it is a bad thing I just don’t thing they can win.

7 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Catholic most likely will win the game.....but you must not of seen Catholic play this year.....they struggle big time at the QB position and putting points on the board.  

I bet if the kid were there they would be undefeated and have close to 4000 yards passing right now... right? Come on Pops, lay off kids at the QB position. Accept the Kid is a dang good football player and leave it at that. No need to constantly knock others

31 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

With 3 weeks until playoff time, West is stupid for taking this game.  They are already dinged up at multiple positions, and there is  no good that can come out of this game for West.  Catholic most likely wont make the playoffs so they don't care to play.  This is to late in the season for West to be beating there chest.   .  

Are you familiar with the term "Sour grapes"?  After taking a whooping, behaving this way just looks petty.  And badmouthing quarterbacks looks downright pitiful.  

23 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

And who is to say that West even gets to play in the playoffs. It is 2020! Let the kids play while you can. Never know what the future holds

Can't stress this enough.  No team is guaranteed anything.  It's likely that at least one State Champion will be decided by a COVID forfeit.  I admire West's decision immensely.

47 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

It is a great game to schedule in week 4.....but with 3 weeks to go begore playoffs, West has to much to lose if anyone gets injured.  Like I said Catholic most likely doesnt make the playoffs so for them the risk is a lot less.  No doubt it is going to be a good game, and I am glad they scheduled it.  JMO that it is to late in the season for West, to much at stake.  IMO 

Injuries? Anyone can be injured at any time in ANY game! Makes no difference who the opponent is. They could have gotten injured against Fulton just the same. I can’t believe I’m having to even say this...it’s common sense!

41 minutes ago, guthook said:

Are you familiar with the term "Sour grapes"?  After taking a whooping, behaving this way just looks petty.  And badmouthing quarterbacks looks downright pitiful.  

Kudos to West and Lamar Brown for picking up this game, but you have to admit there is a lot of risk scheduling someone like Catholic a week before the playoffs start.  I can't believe I'm sticking up for Pops, but let's stop piling on. I don't really see the harm in what he said, and he did clarify his original thought.

Edited by osunut2

Just now, osunut2 said:

Kudos to West and Lamar Brown for picking up this game, but you have to admit there is a lot of risk scheduling someone like Catholic a week before the playoffs start.  I can't believe I'm sticking up for Pops, but let's stop piling on. I don't really see the harm in what he said, this time...

It’s two weeks before the playoffs...not one. That’s a difference maker.

5 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Kudos to West and Lamar Brown for picking up this game, but you have to admit there is a lot of risk scheduling someone like Catholic a week before the playoffs start.  I can't believe I'm sticking up for Pops, but let's stop piling on. I don't really see the harm in what he said, and he did clarify his original thought.

Other than the fact that he knocks every QB around...

West is preparing for the playoffs by scheduling this game. I love it! Even if they're a little banged up they will come play. Catholic better play their best game to beat West. Because the West defense and run game is deadly. Scheduling like this is how you prepare for a state championship run.