Lincoln County @ Page Canceled?!

sportsguy22

23 minutes ago, Frauddle said:

LC had to cancel. Contact tracing gets yet another team. One of 4 teams fighting for the last 2 spots. Make that 3 now 

Exactly. It was a game they could have really used to try to nail down a playoff spot, especially with Summit in their final game. Now, it looks like they’ll finish at 1-3 in region play. If everything holds, it looks like a three-way tie for 4th. Columbia is going to win the tiebreaker with 5 overall wins. Looking like Columbia @ Beech in the first round again. This year, unlike last year, could get very ugly!

10 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Exactly. It was a game they could have really used to try to nail down a playoff spot, especially with Summit in their final game. Now, it looks like they’ll finish at 1-3 in region play. If everything holds, it looks like a three-way tie for 4th. Columbia is going to win the tiebreaker with 5 overall wins. Looking like Columbia @ Beech in the first round again. This year, unlike last year, could get very ugly!

Maybe I’m seeing things wrong but I don’t think Columbia makes it.  Page goes to 2 region wins and has Franklin County next week.  Columbia has losses to both teams .  I’m seeing the matchup of Page/Franklin County winner gets 3 and loser gets 4. 
I guess if Columbia beat Shelbyville next week, they would get the 4 over Franklin County because they would have 2 region wins to 1, that is if FC loses to Page.

13 minutes ago, wave88 said:

Maybe I’m seeing things wrong but I don’t think Columbia makes it.  Page goes to 2 region wins and has Franklin County next week.  Columbia has losses to both teams .  I’m seeing the matchup of Page/Franklin County winner gets 3 and loser gets 4. 
I guess if Columbia beat Shelbyville next week, they would get the 4 over Franklin County because they would have 2 region wins to 1, that is if FC loses to Page.

You’re forgetting about Lincoln County. It will likely be a three-way tie with Lincoln County, Franklin County, and Columbia for 4th. Lincoln beat Franklin who beat Columbia who beat Lincoln. Straight three way tie with one win each. It will then go to overall wins. Columbia will easily beat a bad Stratford team this week and finish with 5 wins (played a very weak schedule, which is why I despise using non-region games for tiebreakers!!). The other two will likely finish with 3 and 2 overall wins, respectively. Columbia’s reward will be going to Beech as a sacrificial lamb, unlike last year.

8 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

It's a darn shame the Health Department will decide playoff spots this year.    The whole "contact tracing" BS is exactly that!  BS...

Pure insanity!! Kids are fine. How many hospitalizations of high school kids in the state? I think it’s zero!! Asymptomatic = False Positive; Contact tracing = Bogus Nonsense

11 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

It's a darn shame the Health Department will decide playoff spots this year.    The whole "contact tracing" BS is exactly that!  BS...

Agree with you but I don’t think it makes a difference here. Lincoln Co would not have beaten Page even in a down year for Page and they definitely would not have beaten Summit. They would have still been in a 3 way tie with Columbia and Franklin Co and Columbia holds the tiebreaker. My biggest concern is once playoffs start and something like this happens to a top team. 

12 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Agree with you but I don’t think it makes a difference here. Lincoln Co would not have beaten Page even in a down year for Page and they definitely would not have beaten Summit. They would have still been in a 3 way tie with Columbia and Franklin Co and Columbia holds the tiebreaker. My biggest concern is once playoffs start and something like this happens to a top team. 

It might of made a difference last week with Shelbyville and Summit.   With Keaton Wade out for Summit, that would of been interesting.   What a way to lose a region title. 

16 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Agree. I don’t think they would have beaten Page either. However, you hate it for the kids to not have that opportunity all because perfectly healthy kids are sidelined by this “contact tracing” ridiculousness! They have a QB that is dangerous and they can put up points, so you never know for sure until you play.

5 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

It might of made a difference last week with Shelbyville and Summit.   With Keaton Wade out for Summit, that would of been interesting.   What a way to lose a region title. 

Yeah it’s a real gut punch and so sad for those kids! I’m sure they were crushed! Especially since virtually all of them were perfectly healthy. I think they had a very good chance to win. They may get a shot in the playoffs. Who knows?

3 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Yeah it’s a real gut punch and so sad for those kids! I’m sure they were crushed! Especially since virtually all of them were perfectly healthy. I think they had a very good chance to win. They may get a shot in the playoffs. Who knows?

Keaton Wade should be back by then.  Coach Coleman told me last week he is cleared to return but still having some nagging pain.   Holding him out precautionary.   With him in, I don't see anyone beating Summit.   Beech, Hillsboro,  and Summit will be the favorites in Quad 3.   Shelbyville is probably the next most likely team to advance right now I'd say.