Best sophomores in Tn for 2003

Patriot4

Cumberland County has three great Sophomores: James Rinks(6'1 210lbs) P/RF, won 6 of 7 decisions as a freshman with a 85 mph fastball and good curve also swings the bat fairly well; Bryan Jones(6'3 175lbs) P/1B, pitched very well in district games > he won't overpower you but has very good control and will keep hitters off-balance; Danny Cumby(5'9 155lbs) started every game leading-off and playing somewhere in the outfield > he hit over .350 as a freshman and there isn't any ball hit you don't have confidence that he will catch

These are just a few that i am familiar with. :):D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thom Hunter Pratt-1B/P-Henry Co. (I think he is a sophmore) Big man with decent bat, and a huge arm. Will be one of the important cogs if Henry Co. is going to make a run this year. He was a big part of the pitching staff last year and he is a year older.

Marlon Bright-P- Westview. Big,strong, probally not one of the best but could be.

Add these to the list

Justin Jones RHS

Dusty Gill RHS

Jonte Haggins BHS

Dillon Heath- Davidson Acad.

Chris Rankhorn- Hunters Lane

Jason Brock- Page

Jared Frazier Shelbyville

Cody Swift- Shelbyville

Charlies Williams- McCallie

[Edited by letsplay2 on 1-7-03 4:16P]

[Edited by letsplay2 on 1-10-03 8:59A]

Guest rebsbaseball15

i agree with redreb with blair and clement blair hits atleast 80 as a sophomore and clement doesnt let too many balls get by him but they left out the catcher wes fernandez who goes there..heck of a player..him and blair bashed the ball all last year and helped lead the team to a 19-3 record.