TN Coach's Poll 11 January

ArtusCimber

TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING POLL

From: Jeff Price                                                               Results from 11 January 2021

THIS IS THE SECOND POLL OF THE SEASON. 

Now in its 29th year, The Poll is primarily a measure of dual meet strength with some consideration to individual tournament strength.   Votes are cast by a state-wide panel of high school wrestling coaches and are based on a maximum Power Ranking of 144.

STATE POLL:

RANK

SCHOOL

POWER

RANKING

LAST WEEK

BAYLOR

CLEVELAND

WILSON CENTRAL

CHRISTIAN BROTHERS

BRADLEY CENTRAL

BLACKMAN

MCCALLIE

SUMMIT

DOBYNS-BENNETT

PIGEON FORGE

BEECH

FATHER RYAN

NR

ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: CENTENNIAL, CLARKSVILLE, FAIRVIEW, HERITAGE, MBA, NOLENSVILLE, OAKLAND, ROSSVIEW, SCIENCE HILL, SIGNAL MOUNTAIN, WALKER VALLEY

Edited by ArtusCimber

9 minutes ago, Biffmar4 said:

https://unapproved website/seasons/DualMatches.jsp?TIM=TIM=1610476720490&twSessionId=kjenngliax&dualId=6046438132&teamId=675186138

just so the statewide panel has this at their fingertips for the next vote. I know a lot of folks don’t do much research on little ole Fairview. 

Thanks for the info.  I'll make sure this gets out to my guys.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Biffmar4 said:

https://unapproved website/seasons/DualMatches.jsp?TIM=TIM=1610476720490&twSessionId=kjenngliax&dualId=6046438132&teamId=675186138

just so the statewide panel has this at their fingertips for the next vote. I know a lot of folks don’t do much research on little ole Fairview. 

losing to Page and Brentwood isn't going to help their argument on getting up there. Beating Summit was a solid win though.

• Like 1

I’m sure just like summit and everyone else we are still trying to get guys healthy and in their spots.  No disrespect to Summit or anyone else. Just trying to raise more awareness for our small school. We have a great team this year and It’s been fun competing  in tournaments with the Wilson Centrals and Clevelands and Brentwoods, etc. 

10 minutes ago, Biffmar4 said:

I’m sure just like summit and everyone else we are still trying to get guys healthy and in their spots.  No disrespect to Summit or anyone else. Just trying to raise more awareness for our small school. We have a great team this year and It’s been fun competing  in tournaments with the Wilson Centrals and Clevelands and Brentwoods, etc. 

You guys got some votes this time around. The top five or six teams are pretty solidly established but with the way covid has wreaked havoc on lineups the rest of the state seems like one big tossup or anybody's guess.

I always said that if I coached an A-AA team, all I'd do before postseason would be to wrestle AAA schools. I think Pigeon Forge has shown how that is a key to success.

Edited by ArtusCimber
  • Like 1

We’ve definitely done our share of that this season since Williamson County schools have  been consistently able to wrestle. Brentwood, BA, Father Ryan, MBA, Summit, Indy, Page, Oakland, MUS and individual tournaments with some of the best big and private schools in the state.  It def has been a crazy season, thankful we have been able to wrestle as much as we have and looking forward to the next several weeks. 

1 hour ago, Biffmar4 said:

We’ve definitely done our share of that this season since Williamson County schools have  been consistently able to wrestle. Brentwood, BA, Father Ryan, MBA, Summit, Indy, Page, Oakland, MUS and individual tournaments with some of the best big and private schools in the state.  It def has been a crazy season, thankful we have been able to wrestle as much as we have and looking forward to the next several weeks. 

I have been impressed with that team. You have some hammers over there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1