South Pittsburg On Track??

Guest Num1Balla

Guest Num1Balla

I went to see South Pittsburg play the other night. They played Silverdale Acadamy. At one point the Pirates was down by about 28, everyone started giving up hope, but then they made a comeback and only lost by 10. I know your asking why I think they are getting back on track, well the main reason is we only lost by 10 knowing that with about 4 minutes to go in the first half that all Sliverdale did was hold the ball. So the question comes to mind if they didn't hold the ball like that would South Pittsburg had beat them. I THINK SO!! So I look for South Pittsburg to have a winning record this year!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a simple answer to South Pittsburg on track? NO. I don't look for them to have a winning season. Silverdale was up why wouldn't they hold the ball? That's smart basketball. If you didn't know that you haven't been around the game much have you? Boyd played them in the jamboree and it didn't seem to appear like a winning season to me.

ok south pittsburg just bc we drilled you in football this year and drilled you in the jamboree I guess you feel the need to bring up the recruiting aspect, but even if we did recruit then you get beat by some pretty bad public schools with losing records. Still don't see a winning season coming your way.

Guest Num1Balla

South Pittsburg is now 1 and 1 on the season with a good win aginst City. And once again who deserves player of the game??? BRANDON DUKE!!! He is good and City saw just part of how good he is!! O yea Boyd does have a good football team I will admit that. But we do too and let me add one more thing ( WE DONT RECRUIT )

ok num1balla, SP doesn't recruit any players, but a couple of years ago you sure didn't have a problem with letting some students play illegally after switching schools so you could at least get one win during football season, which by the way, you got caught and ended up losing all your games anyway. Yeah,even if Boyd does recruit, it is only because they want to win, which is exactly what they are doing. Good luck in the state Boyd!!

And as far as the SP bball winning season: I don't see that happening.

[Edited by bball16 on 12-4-02 9:54P]

ok num1balla, SP doesn't recruit any players, but a couple of years ago you sure didn't have a problem with letting some students play illegally after switching schools so you could at least get one win during football season, which by the way, you got caught and ended up losing all your games anyway. Yeah,even if Boyd does recruit, it is only because they want to win, which is exactly what they are doing. Good luck in the state Boyd!!

And as far as the SP bball winning season: I don't see that happening.

[Edited by bball16 on 12-4-02 9:54P]

O.k. one and only time response who just happened stumble on to something. For your information South Pittsburg did play an illegal player in 2 games during the football season. They thought he was legal but someone who probably doesn't like S.P. football sent coach Grider a false letter saying the player was legal.(Guaratee you it won't happen again.) By the way he was a late game sub and had no bearing on the outcome. Sp.28-LV20 and SP35-Whitwell 12. By the way South Pittsburg will improve in basketball with the talent coming up they should do well the only thing is football season will last so long over the next few years that they won't show a whole lot til tournament time. By the way the year was 2000.

[Edited by svcfan on 12-5-02 3:23P]

i am a fan of boyd basketball and i know that they recruit no one. they give academic scholarships but do not allow those people to play sports for them. boyd will be able to hand out sports scholarships when we join division II in 05'-06'. but as for south pittsburg, i went to the game when they played boyd buchanan in a jamboree at ccs. they didnt look to be too strong. they had a good guard with moves, but his shot he could work on, he is still a really good player.