SOUTHSIDE GOES DOWN!

UCSportsFan

17 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I'm still not 100% sure on the new districts. So who is Westview's district next year?

Westview is staying in AA. South Side moves up to AAA (four classifications now instead of three). 

Westview will be in 12-AA with Gibson Co., Huntingdon, Milan, and Union City. For a while it looked like Dyersburg was going to be in the district too, but they got bumped up to AAA. Westview should have some fun ones with Gibson Co.

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Region is across the river with something like East Hickman, Hickman, maybe Stewart County. Substate is Loretto and Summertown. 

That'll be the substate opponents, but not region. Region includes 11-AA which would be Camden, East Hickman, Hickman Co., Stewart Co. and Waverly.

8 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Westview is staying in AA. South Side moves up to AAA (four classifications now instead of three). 

Westview will be in 12-AA with Gibson Co., Huntingdon, Milan, and Union City. For a while it looked like Dyersburg was going to be in the district too, but they got bumped up to AAA. Westview should have some fun ones with Gibson Co.

Westview and Gibson Co had some good rivalry games back in the day! I hope those start back again!!

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

That is correct. Summertown and Loretto are substate opponents and ?????? 

Opposite region (5-AA) has Summertown, Loretto, Mt. Pleasant, Lewis Co., Giles Co., White House Heritage, Sycamore, Harpeth, Fairview, and Cheatham Co. 

Going to be some awfully long road trips come Substate.

6 hours ago, SportsWestTN said:

Hard to overcome a flat start when you get to games like this. Not the first time this season SS has come out flat, but there is a point you face teams that are good enough to capitalize. Impressive they came back and made a game of it, but credit to Covington for pulling it out. 

I'll be interested to see who SS schedules next year. Their district is going to be very weak again (NS and Liberty are awful, South Gibson still has to close the gap), but having a smaller district they should be able to schedule more non-district opponents. Would like to see them load up on some stout competition. I mentioned it a few weeks ago, I think them not being challenged all year was going to be an issue. 

Well I agree & we knew that coming into this year. Our coach had us playing in 2 great tournaments for Thanksgiving(Gibson County) and a Christmas tournament in Florida! Covid killed it, so we will learn from it! Hopefully Covid will leave & never be back! 

10 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Well I agree & we knew that coming into this year. Our coach had us playing in 2 great tournaments for Thanksgiving(Gibson County) and a Christmas tournament in Florida! Covid killed it, so we will learn from it! Hopefully Covid will leave & never be back! 

I'd like to see them schedule better even outside tournament play. Try to pick up some larger schools to the schedule, or play some teams from Memphis/Nashville area. I know it is tough to schedule when both your boys and girls teams are good because: a.) Other teams don't want to come play you and b.) Very few programs have both a good boys AND girls program. You end up scheduling one that's good with one gender and the other one stinks.

Your district has been so big the last few years, you haven't had many games to try and fill. Hopefully with a more open schedule you can pick up some tough teams. As I said a few weeks ago when I mentioned your (and Westview's) SOS, it isn't an indictment of your team, just an observation. 

2 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

I'd like to see them schedule better even outside tournament play. Try to pick up some larger schools to the schedule, or play some teams from Memphis/Nashville area. I know it is tough to schedule when both your boys and girls teams are good because: a.) Other teams don't want to come play you and b.) Very few programs have both a good boys AND girls program. You end up scheduling one that's good with one gender and the other one stinks.

Your district has been so big the last few years, you haven't had many games to try and fill. Hopefully with a more open schedule you can pick up some tough teams. As I said a few weeks ago when I mentioned your (and Westview's) SOS, it isn't an indictment of your team, just an observation. 

And to be fair, I have the same issue with a couple other programs in the area, not just you all.

2 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

And to be fair, I have the same issue with a couple other programs in the area, not just you all.

7 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Oh believe me I understand. We played Maplewood 2 years ago, I thought that would continue but it didn’t. Only teams that will play us helps them but not necessarily us. I love Gibson County & Dyersburg, Union City & USJ! They will play us in a heartbeat! Nobody else wants to play us smh 

3 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh believe me I understand. We played Maplewood 2 years ago, I thought that would continue but it didn’t. Only teams that will play us helps them but not necessarily us. I love Gibson County & Dyersburg, Union City & USJ! They will play us in a heartbeat! Nobody else wants to play us smh 

Union City and Dyersburg generally can provide a good match for both the boys and girls. GC/SS and USJ/SS would be a lot of fun in girls, but boys game would be a snooze most years. Sadly, there just aren't a ton of great teams in a relatively close distance. That's why I think looking in Memphis/Nashville is the play, even if you have to play some D-II schools.

Doesn't fix having a weak district, though. Nothing you all can do about that, and you have to play all those games in the lead up to tournament play too.