DRESDEN & WESTVIEW, Wk.1 (THU.12@7:30@UTM)

HevyReturns

I sure wish I could attend in person.. uhhggg.. I’m ill that I’m ill, well I don’t feel so I’m taking a pill, but still, WIN we will!!! (Did you see what I tried to do there? Pretty lame attempt at antics with semantics I know, but hey, I still tried even in my haze of this bad seasonal cold. And no, it’s not that patented bad-bug they made in a lab! That’s why I’m not going, a regular cough, sniffle, sneeze, or seasonal flu that used to be common & normal is now cause for hysteria, panic, & even possible draconian measures by uniformed & armed officials. So I’ll just watch via YT live feeds) .. Anyways, Lions will be unleashed in beast mode, Chargers will not ignite and will dud out, maybe a handheld sparkler show, but our hungry beasts will get their first W of this new season! .. If it rains or the turf is wet, that would change everything for both teams, no telling how things play out then! As always, I sure hope nobody gets hurt! And I also do wish all of our area teams great luck this year, except when playing Dresden. GOOOO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY! 

DUH!!! I just noticed I put up the 12th instead of the 19th for the date. Dumb, dumber, & dumbest all rolled into one. I couldn’t figure out a way to edit/fix it either. Oh well, nobody else noticed it, or if so, just fluffed it off as normal for the course for Hevy. Ha! .. I really trying to throw off the other team & fans, get in their heads somehow, psyche warfare of sorts… yeah, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it! BOO! Fizz out Chargers! 

Trick squib quick on kickoff, Lions recovered. Good field position. Lions nice pass called back for holding.. uhgg, gain of 25 to a loss of 15, wow. Overcome it guys. … Dresden moving it. Passing & running. No panic, ball control, missed on a third down, 4th & 10 on 30 yd line .. TD PASS!!!! pat miss, 7-6. Lions fighting back!

Chargers start new session on 30. Fast pace. Big chunks on 2 plays. Gain of 15 & 17, Defense finally stopped them two plays, on 3rd Charger QB scrambles to 1st down, then a big pass to 5yd, 1st & goal, another TD, great pass to back corner, pat good, 14-6. Packed stands, standing around field crowd are enjoying a game! Kickoff back to 15, Lions start deep. Can we do it?

If this game was at Dresden’s  Rotary Field it’d be overflowing at the seams. Come on Lions! Don’t fold, rise up to the occasion! .. 

First play 2nd quarter, good pass, 15 yds, Chargers good D next few plays. 4th down &10 , Lion T.O…  Incomplete. Turnover on downs at Chargers on 35. They chunk off more yards. 2 plays TD. 54 yd run up middle called back on penalty,.. Westview regroups, their QB scrambles & scrambles, makes 45 yd pass to 1yd line, run for a TD, 21-6. Rhut rhow. Can Lions get up off the mat? Find a way to stop this charged up Charger team? .. Kicked way back, start at 20.

Lions playing hard, had a first down, Chargers have 8 in box, their D kept us to 3rd & 12, didn’t make it on 4th down..  punt bad snap!!, touched on punt.. ball at 50.. pass to 5yd, first & goal, another TD!! With 6 mins to half its 28-6. (This is why I never went into sports betting or trying to be a fortune teller! Ha!) Lions need a miracle comeback!!

1st for Lions on 25 after kickoff. Westview is playing inspired. Will their new classification be their path to their first gold? They looking strong. .. Dresden IS moving ball for first downs though, it not a total shut-down, but we can’t put it into end zone. Dresden actually has more time of possession, but nothing to show. We’ve missed a few big passes, they’ve made theirs. Dresden has to punt again. Westview on 30 with 2mins to go. Their pass game is better than our D, with their running QB, and speed, what will Lions do? ANOTHER pass TD, 45 yd, 35-6. Took them less than a minute to score. Chargers enjoying themselves, Lions reeling. We have 1 min left, can we score? … Their kicker putting it through endzone each time. That’s powerful. Holding call puts us on 10. Uhhggg. Their D tackles us for loss, time running off. We get ball after half. Anything is possible, but this looks like miracle-time stuff. One of those what will we learn after a spanking? (Ouch!)