Could Eliz challenge D-B's 37-game winning streak?

blazer1set

https://www.timesnews.net/sports/in-pursuit-of-history-could-elizabethton-challenge-d-bs-37-game-winning-streak/article_5a0ba1d4-4f88-11eb-9831-0753608c51b2.html

How about it Cyclones, can you guys pull off 8 straight wins to claim this 70 year old record?    Let's see what it looks like game by game:

1. Science Hill - Is this really the best SH team in 20 years as some are saying? 
2. Rhea County - RC is on again/off again, but could be a challenge
3. Greeneville - No commentary needed
4. Daniel Boone - Eliz wins this one but may be closer than you think
5. Grainger - Yawn
6. Anderson County - Uh-oh, the Mavs are the last stop from Eliz going 9-0 in the regular season
7. Sullivan East - Yawn
8. Volunteer - Yawn
9. Seymour - Yawn

54 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

https://www.timesnews.net/sports/in-pursuit-of-history-could-elizabethton-challenge-d-bs-37-game-winning-streak/article_5a0ba1d4-4f88-11eb-9831-0753608c51b2.html

How about it Cyclones, can you guys pull off 8 straight wins to claim this 70 year old record?    Let's see what it looks like game by game:

1. Science Hill - Is this really the best SH team in 20 years as some are saying? 
5. Grainger - Yawn
6. Anderson County - Uh-oh, the Mavs are the last stop from Eliz going 9-0 in the regular season
7. Sullivan East - Yawn
8. Volunteer - Yawn
9. Seymour - Yawn

Good stuff Blazer, BUT I’m a pre playoff / post playoff guy. Forget apples and oranges, this is more like comparing apples and broccoli.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

5. Grainger - Yawn
7. Sullivan East - Yawn
8. Volunteer - Yawn
9. Seymour - Yawn

I believe game 1 will tell us a lot about both of these teams and the direction of their seasons. Everyone has heard about how many seniors SH has, but shouldn’t they have a lot of seniors every season given their enrollment? Betsy will have to replace three offensive linemen and the only Mr. Football winner in school history. If Betsy wins they will have a ton of momentum going into Rhea County. If things don’t go Betsy’s way we will see how they rebound and move forward. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Good stuff Blazer, BUT I’m a pre playoff / post playoff guy. Forget apples and oranges, this is more like comparing apples and broccoli.

I agree, I'm more about what have you done in the last few years.I don't know why but I really thought about history with a Boone fan talking about Kingsport and records....

1. One of the nation’s most historic routes, the Daniel Boone Wilderness Trail was blazed by the legendary frontiersman in 1775 from the Long Island of the Holston

Long Island

Long Island, also known as Long Island of the Holston, is an island in the Holston River at Kingsport in East Tennessee. Important in regional history since pre-colonial times, the island is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is designated as a U.S. National Historic Landmark District.What is now Kingsport TN, through the Cumberland Gap.The Cumberland Gap is a pass through the long ridge of the Cumberland Mountains, within the Appalachian Mountains, near the junction of the U.S. states of Kentucky, Virginia, and Tennessee. Famous in American colonial history for its role as a key passageway through the lower central Appalachians… Virginia into Kentucky. It would become the route for thousands of settlers to the western frontier.

• Upvote 1