Mt. Juliet hosts Gallatin

MJGOLDENBEARS

The Golden Bears face off against long time rival Gallatin Green Wave Friday night. Not sure what to expect from either side. MJ has had a key injury and some ups and downs in scrimmages with good competition. Gallatin had yet to lose in the preseason but yet to really be tested by good competition. One things for sure Gallatin wants revenge after last years one sided affair.

14 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

The Golden Bears face off against long time rival Gallatin Green Wave Friday night. Not sure what to expect from either side. MJ has had a key injury and some ups and downs in scrimmages with good competition. Gallatin had yet to lose in the preseason but yet to really be tested by good competition. One things for sure Gallatin wants revenge after last years one sided affair.

What do you call Riverdale????  They only have 4 D1 players.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Low scoring game favors Gallatin, higher scoring game favors MJ. Gallatin needs to play keep away. Keep in mind that the MJ QB did start 12 games a year ago. Better thrower than Throneberry but not nearly the runner.  

True, but the dual threat in that duo was going to be nearly unstoppable. It’s a shame we won’t see it.

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Well I never heard of that game nor the score. Inform me.

Riverdale won on the scoreboard 10-7.   Gallatin fumbled in the end zone and gave up the td.  They held Riverdale’s offense in check most of the scrimmage.  Gallatin committed several turnovers that cost sustained drives.  The 2’s scored the touchdown.  So I guess it could be said 10-0.  I was pretty happy that they played with intensity the entire scrimmage.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Riverdale won on the scoreboard 10-7.   Gallatin fumbled in the end zone and gave up the td.  They held Riverdale’s offense in check most of the scrimmage.  Gallatin committed several turnovers that cost sustained drives.  The 2’s scored the touchdown.  So I guess it could be said 10-0.  I was pretty happy that they played with intensity the entire scrimmage.  

Ah well that’s a little intimidating. Seems to me I’m worried most about MJ’s secondary…. They got torched by Beech and Clarksville. 

29 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Ah well that’s a little intimidating. Seems to me I’m worried most about MJ’s secondary…. They got torched by Beech and Clarksville. 

It will be a good game.  MJ has one of the nicest fields around and it is always a tough place for a visiting team to go to.  Add to it the long rivalry and history of these two teams.  If the weather will cooperate, it will be a huge crowd being the opening game.  I will be curious to see if the defense can stop the spread of MJ and mostly if the offense can maintain drives and grind out tds instead of settling for fg’s.  How is your kicker?  Usually that is a quality position for the Bears.  

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

It will be a good game.  MJ has one of the nicest fields around and it is always a tough place for a visiting team to go to.  Add to it the long rivalry and history of these two teams.  If the weather will cooperate, it will be a huge crowd being the opening game.  I will be curious to see if the defense can stop the spread of MJ and mostly if the offense can maintain drives and grind out tds instead of settling for fg’s.  How is your kicker?  Usually that is a quality position for the Bears.  

Transfer from WC I believe. Not sure of the quality yet.