Gordy @ H20

PiddyDaFull

1 minute ago, TCRadio said:

But hey look at the positives, your guys played hard and that defense is still pretty good not as good but still better than most 2A defenses, you giving Gordy the ball on the 2 and a blown coverage, is the difference in the game, I thought both teams pass pro was “not good” you guys had more success running, they had more success passing 

Our defense was outstanding besides 2 plays tonight. The blown coverage for the touchdown and the missed sack in the 4th quarter that turned into a first down and huge play. Those were the only 2 plays Gordy had all tonight.

The fumble on the punt was an awful way to start the game and we never did anything offensively to make up for it. 

Hats off to Gordy. This team has to find something and at this point I have no idea what it is.

1 minute ago, biggest said:

Was hoping to see #8 on offense some 

Me as well. I asked a few guys tonight and I think they said he missed a lot of practice due to contact tracing last week and some this week. Don’t take my word for it though. He may be the best out of the sophomore class but in due time.

46 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

I'll be honest. I didn't think Gville would win. I thought the defense would play well, but we struggled to run the ball last week. Then, we lost 2 starters on the O-line and the 1st backup.

However, some kids stepped up tremendously. Some freshmen made plays on the line on both sides of the ball, and other underclassmen made plays. 

We played ALOT of kids. I'm going to go back and see how many, but I would say we played at least 30. That says something when you only have 4 seniors dressed.

Future is bright in Gordy 

6 minutes ago, PiddyDaFull said:

Our defense was outstanding besides 2 plays tonight. The blown coverage for the touchdown and the missed sack in the 4th quarter that turned into a first down and huge play. Those were the only 2 plays Gordy had all tonight.

The fumble on the punt was an awful way to start the game and we never did anything offensively to make up for it. 

Hats off to Gordy. This team has to find something and at this point I have no idea what it is.

You guys have to find something on offense, I hate to put it like this but I didn’t see the type of athletes were you can “out-athlete” most teams like you guys have done the last few years, maybe look at more of a pro set instead shotgun 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, PiddyDaFull said:

The  last several years we’ve went into games knowing we were absolutely better than the other team… that’s not the case this year.

This team is going to have to fight and scratch for anything they get this year and to be honest I didn’t see any fight in them tonight.

I will however have to brag on 64 ( Robertson I believe) the kid  brought it tonight on defense!

Just now, TCRadio said:

You guys have to find something on offense, I hate to put it like this but I didn’t see the type of athletes were you can “out-athlete” most teams like you guys have done the last few years, maybe look at more of a pro set instead shotgun 

Nailed it… 

Well…. That was ugly. The good… Coach Hackett still knows how to coach defense. The Bad… Coach Webster still can’t coach offense. I think I’m going to call Webster’s offense the Joe Biden offense, for reasons that at this point and time might seem “too soon”. But he is about as innovative as a corn flake. 

There were a couple of moments were they seemed very low energy (a trade mark of the Joe Biden offense), heck even the band was playing slow, but for the most part the effort seemed solid. Solid effort+poor scheme=what we saw last night. 

Unless something drastically changes this team will be lucky to win three games this year. I’ll still be cheering them on. This town produces some outstanding young men, that alone makes them easy to cheer for. That being said we just don’t have the athletes we’ve had in recent memory. And unless Webster has a full house, he has no idea how to win with a pair of jacks. 

4 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

Well…. That was ugly. The good… Coach Hackett still knows how to coach defense. The Bad… Coach Webster still can’t coach offense. I think I’m going to call Webster’s offense the Joe Biden offense, for reasons that at this point and time might seem “too soon”. But he is about as innovative as a corn flake. 

There were a couple of moments were they seemed very low energy (a trade mark of the Joe Biden offense), heck even the band was playing slow, but for the most part the effort seemed solid. Solid effort+poor scheme=what we saw last night. 

Unless something drastically changes this team will be lucky to win three games this year. I’ll still be cheering them on. This town produces some outstanding young men, that alone makes them easy to cheer for. That being said we just don’t have the athletes we’ve had in recent memory. And unless Webster has a full house, he has no idea how to win with a pair of jacks. 

Great post!