Dobyns-Bennett at Morristown East

TribalEmpire

11 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Hard for me to believe Morristown East and Volunteer would even be compared to each other on a football board . Man,ME has had some teams back in the day. When the tssaa playoff system started in 1969 there were only three classes and the state champion that year in the biggest class was Morristown East.

I've talked with a couple of East fans here, according to them East has the athletes but just not the coaching and community support.   I have no idea if that's true or not but that seems to be the consensus.

Weird first half. DB 30 Mo. E 0. The DB secondary picked off 3 passes! But they also gave up 154 yrds through the air. That's a lot of yards for a team in one half that didn't score.  DB's, two QB's, only missed on one pass.  Not much rushing from either team. Maybe the second half will be more exciting.

21 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Well the Tribe played about as perfect a first half as could be asked for... All except for all those yellow hankies. 

Morristown East is awful. I believe they'd lose to most 2A teams in Southwest Virginia. 

I think it was 7 hankies for 79 yards. That's about normal.

23 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Weird first half. DB 30 Mo. E 0. The DB secondary picked off 3 passes! But they also gave up 154 yrds through the air. That's a lot of yards for a team in one half that didn't score.  DB's, two QB's, only missed on one pass.  Not much rushing from either team. Maybe the second half will be more exciting.

True but 60+ yards was one play