Birth of a new rivalry: West Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

TribalEmpire

D-B will win by 3 scores, but WR will probably be the best team they've played at this point. The atmosphere should be electric. That's the biggest thing I miss about games in East TN and SWVA. Outside of a couple of places down here, high school football crowds are mostly a parents and couple of hundred or so students affairs, with most of the students there to socialize. 

40 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

D-B will win by 3 scores, but WR will probably be the best team they've played at this point. The atmosphere should be electric. That's the biggest thing I miss about games in East TN and SWVA. Outside of a couple of places down here, high school football crowds are mostly a parents and couple of hundred or so students affairs, with most of the students there to socialize. 

This game may turn out to be an all out war. West Ridge has developed a pattern in only two games that they have played. I bet DB will try to capitalize on that pattern. But West Ridge is probably not naive enough to repeat the same pattern and will more than likely change there offensive strategy a bit. West ridge will have the greater motivation to beat DB since all the students have originated from smaller area schools prior to consolidating. The fans, students, and players of DB may underestimate WR because of the same reason. Personally, I do not think either team will beat the other by 3 touchdowns. I pull for West Ridge. This game for me is hard to determine a sure winner. 

23 minutes ago, Gunner0331 said:

This game may turn out to be an all out war. West Ridge has developed a pattern in only two games that they have played. I bet DB will try to capitalize on that pattern. But West Ridge is probably not naive enough to repeat the same pattern and will more than likely change there offensive strategy a bit. West ridge will have the greater motivation to beat DB since all the students have originated from smaller area schools prior to consolidating. The fans, students, and players of DB may underestimate WR because of the same reason. Personally, I do not think either team will beat the other by 3 touchdowns. I pull for West Ridge. This game for me is hard to determine a sure winner. 

I think WR can hang around for awhile, but D-B will eventually pull away. I saw WR scrimmage Greeneville and it was great to see the large roster and enthusiasm. Hope they continue with that. 

The first 10 years of the DB-South rivalry was as good as it got for me in this area. I had and still have so many friends from DB. It was just fun!! I hope this rivalry develops into a competitive game that drives success at both schools. I agree with Gunner in his analogy of settling into a pattern for WR. They have to be less predictable. JD, the way the Greene Devils is hanging points on the board, I'm not sure a scrimmage with anyone other than Maryville or Alcoa would be a good guage for how anyone is going to play. The Devils look unstoppable. As for this game, it will be won in the trenches. If WR has a chance they have to finish drives. 4 inside the Redzone against the toppers resulted in zero points. Cannot do that and win games against teams like DB.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 83SouthRebel said:

The first 10 years of the DB-South rivalry was as good as it got for me in this area. I had and still have so many friends from DB. It was just fun!! I hope this rivalry develops into a competitive game that drives success at both schools. I agree with Gunner in his analogy of settling into a pattern for WR. They have to be less predictable. JD, the way the Greene Devils is hanging points on the board, I'm not sure a scrimmage with anyone other than Maryville or Alcoa would be a good guage for how anyone is going to play. The Devils look unstoppable. As for this game, it will be won in the trenches. If WR has a chance they have to finish drives. 4 inside the Redzone against the toppers resulted in zero points. Cannot do that and win games against teams like DB.

Yeah, what happened at Greeneville was unavoidable. I was just pointing out that I had seen WR and while they couldn't do anything with Greeneville, I was impressed with the roster and the fan support they got for a scrimmage. IMO they will be the Tribe's best opponent to date. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Yeah, what happened at Greeneville was unavoidable. I was just pointing out that I had seen WR and while they couldn't do anything with Greeneville, I was impressed with the roster and the fan support they got for a scrimmage. IMO they will be the Tribe's best opponent to date. 

WR scrimmage against Elizabethton might have made them a little overconfident for the following week when they scrimmaged Greeneville. Was like night and day. 

54 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Absolutely! Glad there is excitement!

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

DB will be under mercy rule in Greeneville next week

Bet that

• Like 1