Birth of a new rivalry: West Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

TribalEmpire

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

lol, so now its CITY vs, County? I thought it was the school size that was the argument. But I'm going to agree with you just because the "village idiot" is disagreeing with you.

I've already forgotten the actual argument, it's just fun to poke at NORTHCAROLINAGUYFORDB.    Hope you have fun @ the game tonight, wish I could see it because I think this will be the best game in the Tri

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Somebody @ the game can correct this, but it sounds like WR is as predictable as the moon cycle

I was at the game, WR actually threw more tonight then they did the first two games combined. I would still say they were probably 70/30 run pass..... Biggest thing was two big turnovers, and they didnt score off either. One was a pick with DB at the WR 35, the other was at the start of the 4th. WR was driving then the QB took a really bad sack and put in 3rd and 30 and they had to punt. Then I believe on that same drive, they pinned DB, down at the 9 had em at 4th and 2 and a boneheaded 15 yarder gave DB the first down, then next play, Facemask gave DB another 15. I didnt see either penalty, so I dont know how bad they were, but on the second one, the kid they called for the facemask was nowhere close to the play the runner got tackled around the LOS and the kid was a DB 15 yards downfield with the WR.

I will say being from South and seeing some DB teams of old, I dont think this game is close to some of those teams, DB didnt have the size or speed theyve had in the past. #10 their runningback is honestly their best player, the kid is small, but hes very shifty and showed a lot of power on some of his runs.

First off, it was a GREAT atmosphere at J Fred. DB took WR completely out of their offense and forced the pack to realize they could actually throw the ball. Both teams are horribly undisciplined concerning penalties. WR extended 2 drives with horrible penalties. I honestly still don't know what to think about the pack. I do think it hurt only having played 2 games. Once again drives into the redzone come up empty....CANNOT DO THAT AND WIN. Congrats to DB and fans, pulling for you in the remainder of your games!!!! I think, hope, the remaining schedule for WR looks winnable. Finishing 8-2 would be far more than I would have ever expected in year 1. Keep getting better! One game at a time! I hope this game keeps producing nail bitter endings. It was good to see!

Edited by 83SouthRebel
  • Like 1