Birth of a new rivalry: West Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

TribalEmpire

2 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Better not show up at JFJ next week or Imma give you a Stone Cold Stunner. Lol

Just kidding man. Enjoy your analysis in the threads every week. 

Everyone thought DB would be significantly down this year because of having graduated 20-something starters, but at this point they are way better than anybody thought they would be.    Now granted they have played a fairly cupcake schedule thus far but still.....         I would venture to say WR has way more incentive to win this than DB does and you can't dismiss that.               I know it's not technically South 2.0 but.... does anyone remember the very first DB/South game?       It was South's first year and I remember my father saying "DB blows them out of the water".     If I'm not mistaken DB won something like 21-14 and both teams had a long TD called back due to a penalty, but it went down to the wire.      Somebody correct this if it's wrong, that was 41 years ago....

33 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Everyone thought DB would be significantly down this year because of having graduated 20-something starters, but at this point they are way better than anybody thought they would be.    Now granted they have played a fairly cupcake schedule thus far but still.....         I would venture to say WR has way more incentive to win this than DB does and you can't dismiss that.               I know it's not technically South 2.0 but.... does anyone remember the very first DB/South game?       It was South's first year and I remember my father saying "DB blows them out of the water".     If I'm not mistaken DB won something like 21-14 and both teams had a long TD called back due to a penalty, but it went down to the wire.      Somebody correct this if it's wrong, that was 41 years ago....

You have a great memory! Next year at South, South won in OT. Those early years of that rivalry were great. Hope it picks back up with WR!

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Since we're bringing up old memories of South - DB, the game that I remember most is the year DB won 44-0. 

South was actually favored to win that game. It was 21-0 before I got parked. 

• Like 1