OZ comes to GB

orngnblk

On 9/17/2021 at 8:45 PM, GHSblackhelmet said:

This was the worst half of football I have ever watched. I once sat on my front porch and watched an snail move across the railing for an hour and enjoyed it more than this football game. 

Been thinking about this game all weekend.Who in the world inside their own 30 going in a half with time left on the clock goes for it on 4th down and almost 30 for a first down in a game were you have a one score lead and your offense is stagnate.OS gets the ball and passes to inside the 10 the next play???Our D was playing pretty good considering our Offensive play calling was beyond atrocious.Punt the ball play D.Our D was put in a terrible way all night by our intelligent play calling.He has to learn to take what they are giving us.This game answered my question about how he will do in a close game when coaching helps win the game and it's not good.When ole Casteel saw that fourth down play he looked like he saw Hershel Walker put his head down and coming right at him again!!We will endure some of the worst beatings we have ever had in the next few weeks if he dont start relying on the WHOLE staff in making judgement calls.Because there is no way in Hades that the rest of our staff (who have coached in 4 Championship games) said yes sir I would go for it!Dont take us down this path!!!

12 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Been thinking about this game all weekend.Who in the world inside their own 30 going in a half with time left on the clock goes for it on 4th down and almost 30 for a first down in a game were you have a one score lead and your offense is stagnate.OS gets the ball and passes to inside the 10 the next play???Our D was playing pretty good considering our Offensive play calling was beyond atrocious.Punt the ball play D.Our D was put in a terrible way all night by our intelligent play calling.He has to learn to take what they are giving us.This game answered my question about how he will do in a close game when coaching helps win the game and it's not good.When ole Casteel saw that fourth down play he looked like he saw Hershel Walker put his head down and coming right at him again!!We will endure some of the worst beatings we have ever had in the next few weeks if he dont start relying on the WHOLE staff in making judgement calls.Because there is no way in Hades that the rest of our staff (who have coached in 4 Championship games) said yes sir I would go for it!Dont take us down this path!!!

I saw Coach Williams react a few times just shaking his head. Gray’s a good man and doesn’t rock the boat, but even he couldn’t hide his thoughts. It’s imperative that the GB  football program keeps Coach W on those sidelines. We almost lost him to retirement once but luckily for us & GB he couldn’t hang it up just yet. If I didn’t know which one was the head coach, I wouldn’t be able to pick him out on the sideline. I would probably guess Coach Clemmer for he appears to be running things, without the ultimate authority to make final decisions since he isn’t the official head coach. Gotta be frustrating! There’s the Coach Satterfields, McCollums, & Ryans in the world and then there’s this. Nothing personal but not everybody that wants to coach HS football has the tools to do it. I’m not exactly sure what Mr. Casteel was thinking or trying to accomplish with this hire. Especially with recent Hall of Fame inducted Coach Satterfield passionate about wanting to take this team over again. He could have really groomed a young coach to eventually take over who was passionate for Greenback football. The young QB has good size & athletic ability and could really use someone on staff that can develop him. There’s no former HS QBs on staff and that is just one glaring area where they really miss Coach Ryan’s knowledge. The kid shows tons of potential, but just needs someone with knowledge to work with him. They need some discipline & some chewing too. They are big boys now & they can handle it & be better for it.  Some good ole discipline & motivation that will put some  fire in the gut! I’m hoping for a light bulb to go off & Coach E to develop into the head coach this team needs, but until then hopefully he’s trusting the guys around him who do know & have seen how it needs to be done. Typically the head coach is out front in the timeout huddles and the leader. It’s the strangest thing I’ve ever seen in my almost 49 years of watching football. Yes…my parents were dragging me to games from birth…to watch GB football & my Uncle Eddie coach football. Regarding the trainer….he spent most of his night on the sideline massaging leg cramps….dousing their legs with water. Never saw that technique before. I thought cold contracted muscles…hmm

Edited by ladykee
  • Like 1